New girl!

Options
Morning y'all!

I've had this app on my phone for a while and decided I would finally utilize it! I'm the type of person who runs to food when I'm stressed so I decided I'd start just running instead. I'm using the c25k plan to help me out since I haven't ran in years. I've got 2 very active little boys {5 and 2} and I want to not only be in good shape for them, but to stay healthy and show a good example for them. I'm not one to stick to diets/work outs very well so I'm hoping this site/app will help me stick to it this time!

Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• bluehooked
    bluehooked Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This site is great along with all the people on it. I wish you all the luck in the world and may all your dreams and goals come true.
  • nrm149
    nrm149 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome! I know your gonna love it here.
  • bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I haven't been on MFP that long and so far I am loving it!
  • Dunrick
    Dunrick Posts: 23
    Options
    GL... this site has been a help for me as I lose weight... it really is so simple to just see all the things already input.
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! I am a mom to 2 also and I am on day 3 of the 1st week of couch25k program :) Good luck with your weight loss !
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    Nice to meet you,

best place to be here, people are wonderful, information is useful and the advice comes from most peoples experiences , not a book, you wont go wrong here,

all the luck in the world to you on your challenges.

feel free to add me and as many others as you can

good luck...
  • rachelowow
    Options
    Hi!!!

this site is great!! it helps soo much and everyone is soo nice and helpfull on here! :smile:
  • LaurieJAndrews
    LaurieJAndrews Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck. :o)
  • mocollette
    mocollette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have the app on my iPhone and it has helped me a lot! I hope that it helps you as well! Keep active. I have 3 kids (3yrs to 10 yrs) and that is great that they are motivators in your weight-loss journey!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Welcome to the club! Kudos on starting up with the phone app. That's how many of us (myself included) came across the site.

The food/exercise trackers are a great way to keep yourself honest and give you an overview of how you're eating in general over time.

All the best to you!

:-)
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    MFP is absolutely the best thing that I could have done for myself. I love the accountabilty and support all my MFP friends provide.

This is such a great community of people form all over.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    WOW! Thank y'all so much! I'm very happy to be here and obviously this was the place to come!

You guys are great =))
  • MarkNH
    MarkNH Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good Luck !!!!

* This is a great place for advice, support and motivation - lots of good friends can be made for extra support !!!

Mark