Breakfast. Do or don't?

Options
2»

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat something with protein for breakfast. Whenever I just eat cereal I am starving in a couple of hours too (which doesn't bode well for today but that was all I had on hand!)
  • eternlgladiator
    Options
    i find it a struggle to eat before 9am because i just dont feel hungry so ill have some toast with peanut butter (aparantly organic has much less fat) and that fills me up till its time for lunch.

i know what your saying about getting more hungry once you have breakfast but i find that when i dont have breakfast im quite sluggish and tend to binge more later in the day and at dinner.

You should be checking the sugar in your peanut butter not the fat. Peanuts have lots of unsaturated fats in them which are awesome for your body. The organic stuff is great because there's more of them and less sugar. Don't worry about too much unsaturated fat. Odds are you couldn't eat enough of the stuff that has them.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 pounds so I can't be THAT bad :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    if youre not hungry, dont eat. If youre hungry eat.

Im like you in that when i have breakfast, it makes me more hungry, and if i eat too early, i get such bad cravings i EASILY take in 400/500 calories over the course of the morning, and then still have the rest of the day to get through. It invariably makes me go over my cals. It doesnt matter what sort of breakfast i have. High protein, high fibre. Its all the same.

So i try and make my breakfast as late as i can. Works for me.
  • caesarslaw
    Options
    You may feel this way now...I was the same but I started slow w/ an oatmeal bowl, an egg, or a muffin (yeah..I said it a muffin!) haha. But when I stopped doing it, I realize I was even more hungry throughout the day and the days I didn't eat breakfast I went over my calories. It's up to you but for me, even though I kept saying coffee is all I need in the morning, I realized I ate more during the day if I didn't have breakfast.