How often do you weigh in?

Options
Just curious to know:

How often do you weigh yourself and take your measurements?

Replies

• ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    I weigh myself and take measurements ever other Monday.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    recommendation:

weigh in once a week
    take measurements every 4 weeks (i do every 8 weeks)
  • AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and I take my measurements once every three weeks. :smile:
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    I do not take any measurements but I do weigh myself every morning, every night, before a BM, after a BM, everytime I use the bathroom that has the scale in it and sometimes when just walking by.

LOL, I'm constantly amazed at how much weight fluctuates, seemingly for no reason.
  • Nbean24
    Nbean24 Posts: 14
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and take measurements once a month
  • aarostoc
    aarostoc Posts: 22
    Options
    I weigh once a week, so I don't get discouraged. I have set myself up to weigh on Sunday morning's, right after waking up and before I eat anything. That forces me to be good on Friday and Saturday's, the days that we typically eat out.
  • bumbee
    bumbee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weight in at least 3x a week, i don't really check my measurements often. I know you shouldnt, but I dont care, I like to check the scale
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week :) I didn't take my measurements when I started and have been kicking myself ever since :P
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Once a month, maybe. I go more by measurements and the improvements I can see in the mirror.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and measure every other week. I don't get worked up over weight fluctuations day to day, only when the scale goes up and stays that way for a week or more.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning, but officially weigh in on sunday mornings
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and measure once a month.
  • miami4me
    miami4me Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh in once a week-Monday mornings at 11:30am. I read somewhere along time ago you weigh more in the morning so I want to make sure its accurate. Also if you are working out with this-you might have a tendency to build muscle quickly (like me) and I know muscle weighs more than fat-so i dont try to focus on the weight. I :heart: measurements. I do them every Friday night then- I have a pair of favourite jeans that I use to be able to fit-so weekly I try them on to see if they are slowly but surely coming up-they are :smile: Good Luck :wink:
  • missbrandyp
    missbrandyp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning.
    Since I use the freight scale at work since it's really accurate if I don't work on a Monday I'll weigh in the following Tuesday.
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    I have my official weigh-in on Saturday mornings, because I typically have a cheat day on Saturday. But anytime I am in the bathroom with the scale, I am on it. I probably weigh myself at least twice a day. I'm a bit obsessive, but it helps me to be accountable!
  • k_ewilliams
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, just to be certain that at the end of the week when I do my "official" weigh in, the number is true, and not due to an increase in water weight or an empty stomach or something. But, I would only say that I lost x number of pounds after a week of the having around the same number. I've learnt in my statistics course, repeating ensures accuracy!

Measurements, I would takes every two weeks, just because personally, there is not a drastic change that will occur for me. But, if you have a lot of weight to lose, you would probably see a difference within a week.
  • cecil1926
    Options
    I weigh my self every day so I can see my progress
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day so that I don't get discouraged by fluctuations. If I weighed once a week and happened to weigh in on a day that was "higher" for me, that would suck. So I do it once a day and have a spreadsheet where I record it, and then I calculate a rolling average from the past seven days. If the rolling average is going down, all is well! :)

Once a week I record my weight here on MFP, usually Thursdays.
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    i weigh in every 2-3 days and then take measurements once a month or after I've lost about 12 pounds.
  • JennyJogger
    Options
    I take my measurements once a month & I weigh myself under the same conditions every day... I wake up, use the restroom, & then weight myself. I don't think weighing yourself everyday works for everyone, but it does for me. I log my weight into my phone everyday. Some days it is discouraging to see a 4lb weight gain in 1 day, but because I have tracked my weight everyday for many months, I expect it like clockwork now the week before I get my monthly visitor. Also, weighing myself helps me to make better food choices everyday. I'm not going to order a giant cheeseburger & fries for dinner if I know I'll be weighing myself in the morning. It really helps keep me on track!