Food addict

Options
What food can I eat all the time that has no calories, fat , or sugar. I want to eat like a smoker wants to smoke. It's the repetitious, one after the other, like eating potato chips, that makes me feel content. Sad I know, but I really want to loss weight, and have no self esteem to go on. Wheat thins OK.?

Replies

• Danidelion
    Options
    well pickles are a safe bet, they've got almost nothing in them :]. Also celery.
  • abrown4348
    abrown4348 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wheat thins have calories, fat and sugar. If you're eating a healthy diet and just need something to continually snack on with no ramifications, I'd say celery.
  • mkateweis
    mkateweis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't agree with wheat thins. Look at the calories and then look at the actual serving size. My advice would be veggies like celery or cucumber
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    you could eat cucumbers... they are crunchy and also have like 6 calories for the baby cucumbers. Broccoli and cauliflower are extremely low in calories to!
  • meganromano
    Options
    most vegetables you can eat however much you want
  • Michelle_isthebestest
    Options
    i would think something like celery or lettuce would work. but eat them plain or with mustard cause mustard has 0 calories.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I think I would go for cucumbers and green peppers. Celery and pickles are high in sodium...I think.
  • bbunnelle09
    Options
    I was the same way when I first started out. I found that drinking more water and chewing gum helped with "the munchies". There are calories in almost everything including gum but you can look online for some healthy snacks. The key is to eat 6-8 small meals a day instead of 3 solid ones so that you not hungry and tempted to snack so much. Any feelings beyond that.. you kind of just have to suck up until your body realizes its not going to get fed that way anymore. It should go away over time.
  • equillian
    Options
    when I get the munchies, I first down the biggest glass of water I can. I actually found that I was just thirsty and somehow I've trained my body that when I'm thirsty, I eat.

As far as ideas:

- Everyone elses ideas a good
    - If its just the munching, try popcorn (NO ADDED BUTTER) there are some decent "butter flavored" ones that arent bad
    - Treat yourself to crystal light or go ABSOLUTELY CRAZY and get a Diet Coke.

Its the same as quitting smoking, you have to find your trigger and fight that.