What is the worst diet you have ever been on?

Options

Replies

• Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I hated the Slim Fast diet. I got bored real quick with the shakes, meal replacement bars, and snacks.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i did some crazy diet with my mom a few years ago. i have no idea what it was but it was this super strict diet. It had breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks all wrote out for you and you had to follow it... it was stuff like dry toast, and tuna with nothing in it... it was crazy weird and it sucked. i did it because my mom wanted to try it and she wanted me to help her follow it by doing it with her.

never again. ha ha ha

oh, and i did loose weight, but i think it was because it was such a drastic cut in calories then what i was use to eating.

My co-worker was doing this diet, I think its called the 3 day diet.
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The 48 hour Hollywood diet.....yuk!

I felt horrible on it and it didnt do ****!
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love Atkins.

I loved the Blood Type Diet (for type O). . . but that was similar to Aktins and Paleo anyway.

I tried to do "low fat, normal clean eating, whole grains" .. I gained weight every time. Low carb is the only way for me. It doesn't screw up your metabolism. I'm now 114.5 pounds .. thanks to low carb. And it's not a yo-yo .. I've been able to maintain within a few pounds for 10 years as long as I do it.
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    Slim fast I gained weight on it and it just had me runing to the bathroom every two minutes
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    Cabbage soup diet and that included grapefruit only for breakfast can u say BLAH........ my grandpa made me do it when i was like 10 years old that didnt last needless to say!!!!!!
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have two that are neck and neck: one was Atkins, I know some people love it but I did it for about 2 months and felt terrible. This was back in the mid 90's though so maybe they've changed some of the diet plan, I don't know. But anyway, the second was this weird thing my mom found in some kind of home journal type magazine. It was a soup that you were supposed to eat 3 times a day, for 10 days and you were supposed to lose 20 pounds on it. It was probably extremely healthy, in a bowl here and a bowl there kind of way, but it was disgusting. After the third day of eating this stuff morning noon and night I started choking on it. It was veggie broth, with baby shrimp, a couple cups of shredded cabbage, a few cups of chopped spinach, several cloves of garlic chopped, a three inch peice of ginger sliced, a couple chopped beats.... that's all that I can remember was in it. There was more. Even now the smell of raw ginger makes me gag.:sick:
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Slim fast I gained weight on it and it just had me runing to the bathroom every two minutes

Slimfast has the same effect on my hubs bathroom-wise. I had a friend a few years back who did SlimFast, she told me once that she really enjoyed it, but started gaining weight from it. I went to her house one day, and found she was making shakes out of it. As in, a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream in a blender with a can of slim fast added to it. She said the ice cream helped the flavor. *face palm* That girl was a real dodo sometimes.....:laugh:
  • angiezee
    angiezee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did that crazy diet you only drink organic syrup with water and no food!!OMG it was horrible. I lost weight as well but it came pilling up as soon as I started eating. Thank goodness for MFP or I would still be on some crazy diet. I did them ALL!!!
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    i did some crazy diet with my mom a few years ago. i have no idea what it was but it was this super strict diet. It had breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks all wrote out for you and you had to follow it... it was stuff like dry toast, and tuna with nothing in it... it was crazy weird and it sucked. i did it because my mom wanted to try it and she wanted me to help her follow it by doing it with her.

never again. ha ha ha

oh, and i did loose weight, but i think it was because it was such a drastic cut in calories then what i was use to eating.

I know exactly what you're talking about!! It was awful!!!
  • Kinnder
    Kinnder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me, It would be the Subway diet. Oh man, that was soooo boring. I lasted two weeks eating the same two subs every day. Plus, the lack of a proper amount of calories left me weak all the time. Close second for me was the Atkins/South Beach. Simply put, I need carbs to function, so I just switched to healthier carbs like more veggies, whole grains, etc.
  • summerfun21
    Options

Slimfast has the same effect on my hubs bathroom-wise. I had a friend a few years back who did SlimFast, she told me once that she really enjoyed it, but started gaining weight from it. I went to her house one day, and found she was making shakes out of it. As in, a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream in a blender with a can of slim fast added to it. She said the ice cream helped the flavor. *face palm* That girl was a real dodo sometimes.....:laugh:

OMG...I read that and busted out laughing. My co-workers are looking at me like I'm crazy....too funny!!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Atkins was my worst. I remember finding out I could eat some kind of whipped creme in a can-drove to the grocery- and popped the top and started squirting it in my mouth right in the parking lot before I even started the car! Those kind of cravings are not good. I lost nine pounds in six days, but I could not stand the amount of grease that was always on my stove. That made me think about what I was putting in my body, and I stopped that diet and have never been tempted to do it again.
  • 54fevers
    54fevers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was basically starving myself for a month a few years ago. :S
    I probably only ate around 500calories a day. I felt terrible. I did lose about 10 or so pounds, but I gained all of it back + MORE by that summer!
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    i think diets work differnt on each person.. but diets dont work not long term anyways trust me i tried them all and just eating right and working out every day is the way to go
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Oh many, all of my own crazy devising, none with official names.

1) The jacket potato and tinned pineapple diet - 1 of each, around 300 calories a day. Lasted 3 months, lost 2.5 stone. Was 2 stone underweight. Not good!

2) The fast for 6 days and binge like crazy on the 7th day diet. Lasted for 2 months with the aid of 15+ cans of diet coke every day. Lost 21 pounds and gained a heart condition!

3) The jelly baby and marshmallow diet. Lasted for 2 weeks when I needed to wear lycra every day but have the energy to dance for 10 hours. Not aware that I lost any weight, it just kept me feeling light and energised (kind of hyper in fact!)

Those are probably my top 3 for stupidity.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have never been on a diet and don't intend on it.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Back when hubby was traveling for the military I used to do the Diet Coke and cigarettes diet. I lost weight but not much.

Years before that I did the coffee and cigarettes diet during the day and then drank most nights with my friends. I lost 80 pounds in a year and was a mess. Gained it all back and more.

This is why I love MFP! Its sensible and not a fad or gimmick. Its as balanced as you can make it and it WORKS! And it doesn't involve cigarettes.....8)
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I definitely did that maple syrup with water and lemon juice thing... I may have lasted one day but it was a truly MISERABLE day. Never again. Now I just eat a lot of fiber and watch calories... that's it. I don't restrict carbs at all, and it's working for me.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The six week body make over. It did work, but I was starving the whole time. They give you an eating plan, but it only works if you stick strictly to the plan, so no "cheating." My body type wasn't allowed breads. It was so monotonous and boring.