alcohol

Options
has anyone still drank quarter bottle of vodka once a week and still lost weight :)

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I still have binge drinking nights and I have lost weight. I am not drinking that I was at the height of my college days, but I had nine margaritas and three pitchers of beer Monday night and came out lighter on Tuesday.
    -wtk
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    How bigs the bottle? :tongue:
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I drink on Friday / Saturday 3-4 select 55's and 2 or so shots of vodka. Around 300 extra calories each night. I plan in advance, work out extra hard those days so I can afford the calories.
    I have lost 22+ lbs since Jan 14th. I probably could lose faster, but I chose not to give anything up so I can truly call it a lifestyle.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    How bigs the bottle? :tongue:

I thought the same thing, lol!
  • clark114
    clark114 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a few drinks on Friday and possibly another night. I am trying to watch what I drink, as far as the calories -- I am staying away from red wine but will have a light beer or vodka with a diet mixer or soda water. Everything in moderation!
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i LOVE having cocktails. especially with dinner. but i tend to have, say, A glass of wine or A shot of something. but i guess, once a night could come close, in the summer, when i'm having g&t's...anyway, my point is that if you are figuring the alcohol calories into your totals...and continuing to workout, watch what you're eating otherwise, and make sure you drink plenty of water...you could still lose. i still manage to lose with one cocktail an evening that i tend to average.
    not sure any of that made sense, or helped, but there you go...
  • batman12
    batman12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i still drink socially when im trying to lose fat, i just make sure i cut down on the frequency. i dont see a problem with once a week. you gotta have some cheat time every now and then just to keep your head straight.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I switched from margaritas (tequila has a lot of calories-and sweet and sour/mixers do too!!!) to things like Vodka + Soda with a lime wedge. A lot less calories, and still the buzz of a good drink. Like she said- everything in moderation. I had to cut down because I was drinking all the time, now once or maybe twice a week is all I'll let myself do. I enjoy it more also when it is more of a "reward" instead of just the norm.

I also work out more on days that I am going to go out.
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    I just count the calories! I love Whipped Vodka & Coke Zero! :drinker:
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your calorie budget, drink up! I try to watch how often I drink, but I DO drink...love vodka!:drinker:
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I drink Red Wine every day. I lost all my weight on weight watchers and never counted a single point for it. And I drink more than one glass! I am maintaining now (well 5 more would be good) and still drink the same without a problem.
  • louisvillelady
    louisvillelady Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When I put segram seven and diet seven up in the data base it says 0 calories . That cant be right can it ?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I drink every weekend, long island ice teas i think i am doing fine
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I plateau if I drink. Might have to do with being over 40 or just my luck. Some can (my husband can drink on weekends, daily or never and it doesn’t change a thing), but not me :-/
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    I like my martini or glass of wine two to 3 nights a week so I plan for them in my calorie allotment.

If I'm not seeing any movement on the scale, I back off that for a week or two and it seems to help get things going in the right direction.
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    When I put segram seven and diet seven up in the data base it says 0 calories . That cant be right can it ?
    the diet soda wouldn't have any calories but the segrams has about 97 calories per shot according to calorieking.com