Hats for running??

Options
I see a lot of people running with hats on, it seems it would be hot to run with a hat on. Are there specific hats made for runners that don't make your head sweat up a storm? I can burn pretty easy so a hat might be a good option.

Replies

• anamercedez
    Options
    Ay LOCA!!! LOL :)
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    I wear an Under Armour "skull cap". It is a thinner winter hat. Mainly wear it to keep my headphones in. :-)
  • 2wheelit
    2wheelit Posts: 10
    Options
    I run outside and alot of times through the woods. Cant run in a hat but in the summer a nice thin doorag that can help keep sweat off you and then also use one loose around my neck covered in with deep woods off help keep away the flying critters. It does get hotter but i have found a few lightweight ones that work. Maybe that will work for you?
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Actually the running caps help keep you cool. They are usually breathable. They also keep sweat from your eyes and direct sun from your head... and when your fair skinned like me... it helps keep me from looking like a Lobster.

As for flying off... they usually fit fairly snug so don't fall off.

Whenever summer finally arrives up north here... I'll be wearing my Nike running cap.
  • jizenna
    jizenna Posts: 49
    Options
    Good to know, thanks!
  • beccaboo1021
    Options
    I like to wear a ball-cap style hat. In the winter it helps keep the snow off my head, and provides a little warmth. Anything else on my head feels like I'm over-heating, even the headband-warmer things. It also has a light in the bill for when I run in the evenings or after dark in the summer.
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm a Nike Dry Fit snob. I wear a hat 99% of the time in the summer and about 50% of the time in the winter. When it's raining, for sure, but when it's cold, I wear a buff. The hat keeps the sun off the face, the sweat out of the eyes and keeps the hair in place.
  • jizenna
    jizenna Posts: 49
    Options
    I have to say, a hat would be great for keeping the hair in place, really annoying when bangs are blowing all over the place! I just thought maybe my head would get too hot, but I see people wearing them all the time, gonna try it out!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I wear hats 100% of the time when I run (as my hair no longer shields my scalp from the sun). I have lots of running hats by Nike & Brooks, etc. They are made of tech fiber, so they STINK once you sweat them up (I keep them in garage).