Eating your exercise calories

Options
13»

Replies

• upmommyof5
    upmommyof5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I personally don't eat the calories that i "earn" from working out. I stick to 200-300 below my original calorie goal for the day. I have been losing about 2-2.5 pounds per week. I still feel like I am eating a lot!!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    one thing you should know is that the MFP estimates are often VERY high, especially for things that don't happen in controlled environments (like on an elliptical or whatever).

This actually varies from person to person. I find that MFP UNDERestimates the calories I burn (compared to HRM & BodyBugg). No two people are the same and you need to experiment a little to find the right balance for you.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

for more information, go to www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com.

Let me save you the trouble of going to the shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com website all it says is yes,and has been beaten to death and stoped being amusing awhile ago lol
  • baisleac
    Options

Let me save you the trouble of going to the shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com website all it says is yes,and has been beaten to death and stoped being amusing awhile ago lol

Actually, if you click on the "Yes", it goes to a new page that still says "Yes" but also has a number of useful links.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Actually, if you click on the "Yes", it goes to a new page that still says "Yes" but also has a number of useful links.

Ah yes dont let me forgett the links that lead back to mfp,and everyone already has in their signatures.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I never eat my exercise calories. What would be the point? You're supposed to burn calories to lose weight so it wouldn't make sense to eat those calories. The point is is to lose the weight.

exactly, may aswell not exercise
  • baisleac
    Options
    I never eat my exercise calories. What would be the point? You're supposed to burn calories to lose weight so it wouldn't make sense to eat those calories. The point is is to lose the weight.

exactly, may aswell not exercise

Exercise does much more for your body than burning calories.

But yes, if you're just here to lose weight... there is no need to exercise.

If, however, you are here to get fit and healthy; there are a lot of reasons to exercise. (http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4563). And if you are here to get get fit and healthy, you'll want to fuel that exercise with the proper number of calories (energy).