Craving Ice Cream?

Options
2»

Replies

• pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    OMG, that product has more Sorbitol than anything else but water. Suzycreamcheese, I agree, not everyone wants to eat clean and to each her own, but holy cow that is some scary list of ingredients.
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Main Ingredients
    Water, Sorbitol, Erythritol, Polydextrose, Non-fat dry milk, Glycerine, Mono & Diglycerides, *Orange Concentrate, Cellulose Gel, Pectin, Xanthium, Guar Gum, Cellulose Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Carrageenan, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame-K (artificial sweetener) *Contains trivial amount of sugar, Yellow #6, Red #40, Blue #1

:huh: :sick: Bleech.
    Ditto.
    Thank you for posting the ingredients!!!!! I don't eat artificial sweeteners and Sucralose in particular upsets my stomach big-time.
    Too bad though. 14 calories would be a great dessert!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm not a "clean" eater by any stretch of the imagination. But there isn't a single thing about that ingredients list that would make me want to ingest whatever might come out of that box.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    sweet16_nutrition.jpg

Peanut/Tree nut free, Egg free, Soy Free, Gluten Free

Main Ingredients
    Water, Sorbitol, Erythritol, Polydextrose, Non-fat dry milk, Glycerine, Mono & Diglycerides, *Orange Concentrate, Cellulose Gel, Pectin, Xanthium, Guar Gum, Cellulose Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Carrageenan, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame-K (artificial sweetener) *Contains trivial amount of sugar, Yellow #6, Red #40, Blue #1.

Aspartame. Nice. The chemicals used to make it are on the EPA's list of most toxic substances. But it's worth it to put that in your body right? They're only 14 calories!

Hey now... there's no need to be snippy/sarcastic. It's her body & her choice what she puts into it. Don't judge just because it's not something you'd eat :frown:
  • sneakysanchez711
    Options
    I avoid that Aisle
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify here...I, personally, have NOT bought these. My friend told me about them. I posted the information as I found it. I was NOT aware of the complete list of ingredients. I, personally, don't eat much ice cream. When I do, it's sherbet or a weight watchers fudge bar.

So, please, for everyone putting me down, stop. I was simply trying to help. There's no way to remove a thread, so, again, I simply posted the information as I found it.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You can get rid of cravings for sweets if you cut out refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. It takes some work and some discipline but it can be done. I had a life-long sugar addiction and I beat it. I completely cut out refined sugar in January. Now when I have cake or a soda it's too sweet and my body doesn't want it. I still have a mental addiction, but the physical one is gone and has almost turned into an aversion. Artificial sweeteners do not cut the addiction, substitution is not the answer, elimination is.

I don't want to lose my love of sweets. I only want to control myself so I don't overindulge. Having a sweet treat is one of the more joyous parts of life. Eliminating all sweets for the rest of my life sounds really depressing. :frown:
    To each their own, though.
  • SiltyPigeon
    Options
    Just to clarify here...I, personally, have NOT bought these. My friend told me about them. I posted the information as I found it. I was NOT aware of the complete list of ingredients. I, personally, don't eat much ice cream. When I do, it's sherbet or a weight watchers fudge bar.

So, please, for everyone putting me down, stop. I was simply trying to help. There's no way to remove a thread, so, again, I simply posted the information as I found it.

Don't let them get you down! Thank you for posting this thread. I really want to go try them.
    Artificial sugars and ingredients in moderation are not going to hurt normal people any more than real sugar in moderation will.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Blargh, I HATE Sucralose, does not taste good to me. Thanks for sharing, though!
  • SiltyPigeon
    Options
    and dont forget, not everyone is interested in eating clean. Some people just want to cut calories where they can and lose some weight.

im not in the slightest bit bothered about eating clean, and it annoys me how preachy some people are about it, as if thats the only way. if it works for you, thats great, but its perfectly possible to be fit, healthy and slim without eating perfectly clean all the time.

amen. :flowerforyou:
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm with Suzy. Well said.