Here's the reason to stick with it when it gets hard.

Options
2»

Replies

• bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey Ray,

Congratulations on your dedication and transformation.Your story and values are an absolute inspiration.I have been doing pretty well with my own battle and have seen some success that I am truly happy with.I have however been wondering where the end result should lie in terms of physical appearance.I have just shown my wife your profile pictures and said..."That is the end result that I want".
    You look both great and a picture of good health.
    I would like to thank you for sharing your story and wish you the best of luck going forward....
    Thanks.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sooooo motivational!! What a great story! I feel so proud of you and I don't even know you! LOL!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    All I want to say is WOW!!!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You've inspired me to get off this computer and onto my feet. Thanks and congrats!! Fab at 50 is for me too!!
  • rocky03
    rocky03 Posts: 55
    Options
    you're one HOT daddy!!! great job :smile:
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for letting me know that I can do it too...having a really hard time with the belly, but thanks so much...I'm totally inspired!!!!:wink::wink:
  • rayfromtx
    rayfromtx Posts: 111
    Options
    Wow. I just came home from work and was overwhelmed by the response. Thank you so much. I am humbled. If there is anything I can offer beyond my open diary, let me know.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success it is amazing, I took a look at your diary and noticed that you eat pretty much the same breakfast, late breakfast and lunch everyday it seemed like the only thing that changed was your dinner. Is there a reason behind that. Did you follow any exercise program or did you just do it on your own?
  • jessiandrerob719
    Options
    wow great job. im inspired!
  • megaroonies
    Options
    Great job, thanks for the motivating words and I agree that you do not look your age at all!!
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    you rock!!!! an inspiration to all of us aging males!!!
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Thank you! I am so sore and tired today (mentally and physically) and thinking my final goal is maybe not possible for 'me.' I'll keep going. You've done it, so other can, too.
  • meamom123
    meamom123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great and thanks for the motivation!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic.

BUMP BUMP BUMP! because this is a reminder needed when this journey starts to feel impossible.

sadly frustrates the crap outta me so i can't help there. i switched to flickr.
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much...very motivational!!!! I know this time will be different for me and I WILL lose this weight:-)
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • kolbyjack
    kolbyjack Posts: 71
    Options
    Very inspirational! You look great!
  • rayfromtx
    Options
    Congratulations on your success it is amazing, I took a look at your diary and noticed that you eat pretty much the same breakfast, late breakfast and lunch everyday it seemed like the only thing that changed was your dinner. Is there a reason behind that. Did you follow any exercise program or did you just do it on your own?

I think oatmeal and blueberries are magic food. My recipe is 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, one Tbs ground flax seed meal. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes 20 seconds. ymmv. Then I add 1/2 scoop whey protein powder, 1 tsp truvia, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of blueberries.

I have the oatmeal at 4:30 or 5:00 if I sleep in. I workout and ride my bike at 5:30 or 6:00. After my shower I drink a protein shake with coconut and skim milk blended with crushed ice and have my vitamins. I find that this gives me plenty of energy for my workout, plenty of protein for my recovering muscles and gets me through the morning without hunger.

Lunch is usually at my favorite taco bar where they cook their food like I would and they treat me like family. I call on my way, walk past the line, they hand me my cup and I make my drink. The owner or Alma walks out with my lunch about then and takes my card and runs it without me having to stand in the long line and then sits with me if there is time. I have all their menu items in my recipe file so it is a snap to log. I usually choose based on what I'm planning for dinner. If it's beef for dinner, it's fish for lunch or what have you. I love their food. The tilapia sandwich is 289 calories and gets me through the afternoon without feeling hungry. I had the burger today. Without mayo it is 514 calories and loaded with protein. I'm having chicken for dinner and worked out alot so I could afford it.

My goal is to eat lots of fiber and protein throughout the day, limit sugar, moderate carbs mostly from whole grains, plenty of good fat and lots and lots of veggies. The goat loads my sandwiches with lettuce and tomato. The goal stems from wanting to eat to my calorie goal without ever being hungry. To do that requires the above list be followed pretty closely.

Thanks for asking.
  • rayfromtx
    Options
    Oh yeah, I work out with Scooby at home. Scoobysworkshop.com
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!