3 months in and need more motivation

Options
Hi my name is kelly ! Im 33 have a 13 yr old son. My motivation is to live a long Healthy life. My parents both passed away from diabetes at the age of 54.. I'm 50 pounds away from my goal. I already lost 50 from last year. I've been doing great have some wonderful friends. But i'm noticing some of my friend are starting to be think this is a competetion Sooo Here I am please add me as a friend. Im a great listener and definately will support anyone and everyone.

Replies

• joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great job on losing 50 pounds, thats awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • stealv
    stealv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nice job indeed! That's awesome :)
  • Islandgirl0134
    Options
    Kelly,
    Keep up the great work. This is my first day . I wish I had 50 lbs gone. I know it is a struggle but you seem to be rising above the challange... Remember your doing this for you. Sometime friends dont understand.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It's always nice to have more people to share the journey with.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Great job on losing 50 lbs. so far. Keep up the hard work. Sending you a friend request.
  • preschool6
    Options
    Hi Kelly,
    It's important to remember why and how you lost 50 pounds, which I might add is fantastic! You have set the bar high for your friends and have motivated them towards better health. Your motivation has become infectious. Be proud that your positive actions have trickled down to your friends. It's possible that they are so caught up in their success that they don't realize it's becoming competative. Try to put a positive spin in your favor on that competative feeling. It may help you stay motiviated! Good Luck and keep it up. By the way I am only on day 2...I have struggled since childhood with weight. I have been through many situations that have broken my spirit including what you are experiencing and I have quit.. Keep positive and don't let that happen. Friends come and go, but fat can stay forever if you let it.
    Preschool6
  • ladyeyessogreen
    ladyeyessogreen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly. Congrats on the 50#!!! I would love to have you as a friend. Not for competition, but for inspiration. 50# is such a wonderful accomplishment.
  • kellywows
    kellywows Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I feel the only competition is within yourself. I struggle everyday with myself and try to make myself stronger. I take spin class everyday and a class of strength training. My instructor is absolutely amazing and is a great help.. My friend goes with me but she took one spin class and swears she lost 10 lbs. I don't see it... nor do I get it! I dislike people that are like this. then when i feel like i cant get myself to go she will say stay home because she is home! unreal.. she is also over weight and has no ambition what so ever. Its ust a downer for me because I really thought she was a good friend