Am I Reading this calculator right?

Indygirlien
Indygirlien Posts: 7 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Can someone explain the whole net calorie thing? Im eating just at what they tell me to eat, but it keeps telling me I can eat more, should I be? I just want to make sure Im doing this correct! HELP!

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413

love that link!!! :happy:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Your net calories are what you've eaten for the day minus your exercise calories. When you log your exercise, MFP adds those calories back to your daily goal. You should be eating at least some of those calories back, yes.
  • Indygirlien
    Indygirlien Posts: 7 Member
    Dang, that is A LOT of food! LOL! I felt like I was eating all day and I only ate 1200 calories so far!
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230

LOL!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    I suspect that you are reading it right - the site is set up so if you eat all the allotted calories for the day, plus the cals you've burn exercising, you will STILL have a calorie deficit which will allow you to lose weight.

I think for a lot of us (well, me anyway) it feels as though you should be starving if you are "on a diet". I've been surprised about how much I can eat (when I eat healthy stuff, not pig out on cakes and chocolate) and still be at or around my goal, and still lose weight.

Try eating what MFP is showing you (make sure most of it is healthy stuff!) and see how it works out for you. You might have to play with the numbers a bit to find what is right for you - but for me, I eat and I lose weight - how good is that!
  • kolbyjack
    kolbyjack Posts: 71

Love it!
This discussion has been closed.