200 calorie (or less) Dessert Challenge!

Options

Replies

• ckilgore77
    ckilgore77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Low Fat Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake

from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/strawberry-swirl-cheesecake.html

Servings: 9
    Size: 1 slice
    Calories: 132.9
    Fat: 5.6 g
    Carb: 15.1 g
    Fiber: 0.1 g
    Protein: 5.8 g

Igredients

• non stick cooking spray
    • 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
    • 1 tbsp light butter, softened
    • 8 oz package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
    • 1/4 cup sugar
    • 6 oz fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
    • 2 large egg whites
    • 2 tbsp lemon juice
    • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1 tbsp all purpose flour
    • 1/4 cup strawberry jam (I used sugar free)

Directions

Heat oven to 350°. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.

Mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter with a fork until evenly moistened.Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.

Gently beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth using an electric mixer. Gradually beat in fat free yogurt, egg whites, lemon juice, and flour. Do not over beat.Pour over graham cracker crust.

Stir jam until smooth. Drop by small spoonfuls over surface of filling. Using a knife,swirl jam gently through filling to create marble effect.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature. Chill a few hours in the refrigerator.
  • mmiley1111
    mmiley1111 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I make this all the time using the sugar free puddings. LOVE IT!!:drinker:
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Large Blueberry Parfait: 171 calories

- 1 container nonfat plain greek yogurt (80 calories)
    - 1/3 cup fresh blueberries (27 calories)
    - 1/4 cup fiber one cereal (30 calories)
    - 2 Tbsp (6 grams) Sliced almonds (34 calories)

Directions: Layer and enjoy!
  • BandMom2
    BandMom2 Posts: 64
    Options
    All sounds good!
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    bump
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    bump
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I would LOVE to know how you all satisfy your sweet tooth with dessert recipes for 200 calories or less!

Here's Mine:

Banana Cream Pie 159 cals. Crust: 20 vanilla goldfish & 1/2 tsp butter. Filling: 1/2 very small banana, 1/4 cup almond milk (blended together well), top: slice up other 1/2 banana. Refrigerate until firm.

:flowerforyou:

29 carbs, 5 fat, 1 protein, 113 sodium, 3 sugar

Holy h*ll...that sounds amazing. Thanks!!
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you make a box of regular old betty crocker chocolate (or yellow) cake mix into 24 cupcakes and frost them with one tub of regular chocolate frosting each cupcake will be just about 200 calories. Healthy? No. But a real, live, actual cupcake? Yes. The problem for me lies in having 24 cupcakes (that's 4800 delicious chocolaty calories) lying around all seductive-like in my kitchen whispering sweet nothings to me all day long. I only make them when I can get the bulk of the cupcakes out of the house quickly.

Now if you are not into boxed mixes here is a really nice recipe for chocolate cupcakes from cooking light magazine. I suck at baking and they came out great for me. I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips instead of the 70% chocolate because that's what I had on hand. At 150 calories a pop you might be able to afford real frosting!

Double-Chocolate Cupcakes

Ingredients
    * 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
    * 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
    * 1 teaspoon baking soda
    * 1/8 teaspoon salt
    * 2/3 cup granulated sugar
    * 1/4 cup butter, softened
    * 1/2 cup egg substitute
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla
    * 1/2 cup 1% low-fat buttermilk
    * 1 1/4 ounces dark (70 percent cocoa) chocolate, finely chopped
    * 2 tablespoons powdered sugar

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir with a whisk.

Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined (about 3 minutes). Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating well. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to granulated sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in chocolate. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups lined with muffin cup liners. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.

Yield: 12
    Nutritional Information per cupcake
    Calories:
    150 (31% from fat)
    Fat:
    5.2g (sat 3.2g,mono 1.2g,poly 0.2g)
    Protein:
    3.1g
    Carbohydrate:
    24g
    Fiber:
    1.1g
    Cholesterol:
    11mg
    Iron:
    1mg
    Sodium:
    125mg
    Calcium:
    42mg

They could be even less if you simply mix the box of cake mix with 10 oz of diet soda and bake--I sometimes add fruit or nuts to the batter.
  • evalena1
    evalena1 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI I am new to this sight, and I am very excited to get started. You have to tell me. How did you lose weight so fast?
  • audypash
    audypash Posts: 2
    Options
    I really love Pineapple Angel Food cake. You simply take a Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix and add 1 can of crushed pineapple (in its on juice), gently blend with a rubber spatula and bake, that's it nothing else. A 9 X 13 pan cut into 15 pieces is how I make it. I top each piece with 2 Tbsp. light whipped cream for 151 calories
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is a Keeper for sure!! :)
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump :) Thanks!
  • stellagreg
    Options
    bump
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    bump
  • lucasdany
    lucasdany Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wow bump me for sure!
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    This is SOOO good and if you go easy on the portions it truly can be 150 calories!

Combination of cake, chocolate and fruit makes a tasty Mexican dessert - ready in 15 minutes. From eatbetteramerica.

prep time:15 min
    start to finish:15 min
    makes:4 servings

1 1/4 cups light chocolate soymilk
    1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 slice (4x1 inch) angel food cake, torn into pieces
    1/2 cup frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping (I like Reddi Whip light)
    1/2 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) raspberries
    Grated semisweet chocolate, if desired
    1. In medium bowl, beat soymilk, pudding mix and cinnamon with wire whisk until mixture is blended and thickened.
    2. To assemble, spoon 2 tablespoons pudding into each of 4 small parfait glasses. Layer each with 1/4 of the cake, 1 tablespoon whipped topping and 2 tablespoons of the raspberries. Top each with remaining pudding and whipped topping. Garnish with grated chocolate.

1 Serving: Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 10); Total Fat 1g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 440mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 23g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable Carbohydrate Choices: 2
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    Jello temptations.
    Also, frozen grapes will do wonders.

bump
    bump.
  • ewebber88
    ewebber88 Posts: 33
    Options
    This isn't really a recipe but it's a zero calorie fix and I love it!!! I just take a bottle of vitamin water zero Squeezed and pop it in the freezer. it's like a lemonade slushy and it has no calories no sugar no nothing. I can't drink the water straight for some reason cuz the truvia makes it seem way to sweet but when it's frozen I really like it. Odd but it works!
  • LissaBaby14
    Options
    I haven't personally made this yet, but my friend just sent me the recipe yesterday since she knew I was counting calories.

Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS:
    2 Tbsp stick butter or stick margarine, softened
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 Tbsp Light brown sugar
    1 egg white
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp salt
    2 Tbsp cocoa powder
    ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips

PREPARATION:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg white and vanilla and mix until well blended.
    2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
    3. Gradually add flour mixture to egg and sugar. Use a wooden spoon to work the dough together. Don't worry if the dough seems a little crumbly at first. Stir in chocolate chips.
    4. Drop cookie dough by the teaspoonful on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat if you have one.
    5. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 15 cookies
    Per Serving: Calories 65, Calories from Fat 21, Total Fat 2.3g (sat 1.8g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 44mg, Carbohydrate 10.3g, Fiber 0.5g, Protein 0.7g

I tried this recipe tonight tonight and it is SOO yummy!! Thank you so much! This thread is amazing! :)
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    One thing I like is to take an Activia Dessert Yogurt (Vanilla Bean) and freeze it. It's not exactly like ice cream, but I like it. I think it's 140 calories if I'm not mistaken. :smile:

P.S. It comes out the freezer hard, so I nuke mine in the microwave for about 15 secs.

I do this with all the flavors and types of yogurt. The berry flavors are just like sherbert. and it takes longer to eat then when it is soft.
    :flowerforyou: