10 Questions

Options
kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
every MFPer has an answer to:

1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 209, 156, 135
2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Getting into the habit of exercising daily... I am very lazy.
3. What's your favourite exercise? I like jogging... which is weird, because I used to hate jogging.
4. What's your favourite healthy snack? wheat crackers topped with light cheddar and a dab of salsa.
5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat?full fat ben and Jerry's ice cream :embarassed:
6. What's your favourite physical feature? my hair
7. What's your least favourite physical feature? my thighs.
8. How did you find MFP? randomly, during a google search.
9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? the database is amazing but the people are better :flowerforyou:
10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? drink water and skim milk (if you like it) ONLY. It cuts an amazing number of calories to give up coffee, soda, sugary juices and various other drinks.

Erase my answers and add your own :)

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 209, 156, 135
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Getting into the habit of exercising daily... I am very lazy.
    3. What's your favourite exercise? I like jogging... which is weird, because I used to hate jogging.
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? wheat crackers topped with light cheddar and a dab of salsa.
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat?full fat ben and Jerry's ice cream :embarassed:
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? my thighs.
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? the database is amazing but the people are better :flowerforyou:
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? drink water and skim milk (if you like it) ONLY. It cuts an amazing number of calories to give up coffee, soda, sugary juices and various other drinks.

Erase my answers and add your own :)
  • HealthyKt78
    Options

1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 279, 275, 150
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Portion control
    3. What's your favourite exercise? The elliptical and a spin bike
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? wheat crackers topped with light mozzarella
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? brownies.
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? my stomach
    8. How did you find MFP? I don't remember
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? The people.
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? I am a newcomer, offer me advice. lol.
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 255, 239.2, 200
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Keeping up with the laundry, since I "dirty" two shirts a day now...
    3. What's your favourite exercise? My Power 90
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? Roasted Garlic Tricuits with Fat Free Cheddar Slices
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat?Too many too name, part of why I'm in this shape... lol
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? my eyes
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? my belly
    8. How did you find MFP? My sister showed it to me
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? Very user friendly
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? Have your big goal in mind, but set mini goals for yourself along the way, usually 5 or 10 lb incraments
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 270, 148, 135

2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Working to make this a lifestyle change and not just a temporary diet.

3. What's your favourite exercise? Any cardio and I like how I feel after strength training.

4. What's your favourite healthy snack? Right now I am into the garden of eatin multi-grain tortilla chips with flax (garlic, poppyseed, onion flavor) and salsa.

5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Regular, unlimited chips n salsa!! :laugh:

6. What's your favourite physical feature? My entire body, for dealing with the abuse I put it through for years (yo-yo dieting, being so overweight, etc.) and staying strong for me!

7. What's your least favourite physical feature? Belly (stupid weight and c-section! :grumble: )

8. How did you find MFP? Google, while looking for free food journal.

9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? The tools are great and the community rocks.

10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? Take it a week at a time. Make small changes until you are living a completely different lifestyle. Don't stress out.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 260, 199, 136
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Making sure this will stick and not just be temporary.
    3. What's your favourite exercise? I like walking/jogging.
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? String cheese. Or apple and peanut butter.
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? PIZZA, though in 4 months I haven't had any.
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? I think I am pretty.
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? My belly, or really just my whole body
    8. How did you find MFP? Randomly in a search.
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? EVERYTHING. Honestly.
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? If you can't do it all at once, work your way up to being totally healthy.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 195, 185, 155
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Not eating when I am bored.
    3. What's your favourite exercise? I like hiking!
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? pomegranate! .
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? anything cheesy!
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? my love handles.
    8. How did you find MFP? don't remember
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? the community
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? don't overeat or UNDEREAT, both will mess up your diet!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 168...144.5....125

2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Exercise. I love it when I do it, but I hate to start it.

3. What's your favourite exercise? Walking at a super fast pace, almost jogging, sometimes jogging! I love the lift weights. I always feel strong and sassy when I am through.

4. What's your favourite healthy snack? hint of salt triscuits with laughing cow cheese

5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Bona Pizza Chicken Parmesan.

6. What's your favourite physical feature? Right now it is my chest and shoulders. I thought my chest was old and wrinkly and it turns out it was FAT! Not my woman parts....the Pecs. OMG I cant stop looking at them. It is like a surprise face lift or something!!

7. What's your least favourite physical feature? My belly OH so my belly!

9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? IT is FREE! I also love the support and the people. really good ppl

10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? Take it slow. Change a few things the first week, drink a LOT of water. AND most important: if you screw up this day, or minute it is just that....stop and reboot. It is not forever. SO you ate a cheeseburger-tell us, we will laugh and then log that bad boy. You WONT eat a cheeseburger again for a long time.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!:flowerforyou:
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? (242 highest ever) 192, 153, 125
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Exercising initially and snacking
    3. What's your favourite exercise? Spinning, love it...Did I say I love to spin! Spin 5 days a week...
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? Babybel light or reduced fat wheat thins w/ light laughing cow
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Jelly Bellys
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? My legs, always have been muscular--even 50 pounds ago.
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? My belly and my breast....need a boob job.
    8. How did you find MFP? Saw someones ticker on another website
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? The calorie counter and the community :happy: .
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? This is a life style change....be patient, embrace and enjoy it. The weightloss will follow.
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options

1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 191, 139, 125
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Accepting that I am losing weight, and that I look vastly different than I used to.
    3. What's your favourite exercise? Hmm. Couch surfing. ;) I like the elliptical, too, though.
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? I love lowfat cottage cheese and multigrain wheat thins...mmm
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Chocolate. I need some right now, actually.
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? my tummy :( Go away, tummy!
    8. How did you find MFP? I think I googled "calorie counter"
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? How easy everything is---entering food, updating, goals, etc
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? Losing weight is 10% physical, and 90% mental. Believe you can do this and you will!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    . What are your starting, current and goal weights? 180+, 128, 125

2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? My everyday battle with choosing the right foods and portion control.

3. What's your favourite exercise? Running has been super effective for me. I've grown to love it.

4. What's your favourite healthy snack? Sweet potato "chips" that I bake in the oven.

5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Ice Cream...hands down!

6. What's your favourite physical feature? My arms are looking pretty good these days.

7. What's your least favourite physical feature? My belly. Since the weight loss and babies, it is a wrinkly, shriveled mess.

8. How did you find MFP? I can't remember...I'm just thankful I found it!

9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? I love that it is free and that it really gives me a grasp on what I'm putting into my body.

10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? Anything is possible. You *can* transform your body and your lifestyle, and when you do, you will feel incredible...guaranteed.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights?154,148, 130
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Excersising and not eating when im bored.
    3. What's your favourite exercise? Umm walking hiking
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? Babybel light cheese
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Anything sweet
    6. What's your favourite physical feature?My legs
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? breast....need a boob job and my love handels
    8. How did you find MFP? random searcg
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? Being able to log in calories and excersise and support from everyone.
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? Take your time and whatever you do dont give up.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 220 168 145
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? eating out of my home
    3. What's your favourite exercise? my jazzexercise class
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? low fat vanilla yogurt and cut up pear, w/ granola if im lucky
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? cant single one out
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? new thin hips
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? new drooping boobs :(
    8. How did you find MFP? by chance, while looking for a free food diary
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? the people :heart:
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? dont be in a rush. 1 day at the time
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 279 207 150
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? dealing with plateaus and weight fluctuations
    3. What's your favourite exercise? Cycling, of course!
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? apple with cinnamon and little Splenda in micro--banana smoothie
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Fried Ice Cream Flavor Ice Cream (haven't had it in forever!)
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? my calves since starting cycling
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? upper thighs (still big) and lower stomach (bad pouch)
    8. How did you find MFP? Google
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? the people, food database, and easy to use
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? slow but healthy; drink water! Buy a bike and start cycling! rad2.gif
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 176, 174, 125
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? sticking to it religiously.
    3. What's your favourite exercise? Spinning!!!!!
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? SMOOTHIES
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Chocolate!! Can't live without it. :explode:
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? My hair :)
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? Belly area!! Eughh.
    8. How did you find MFP? Google and search for free food diary.
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? the people, the people and the advice and the user friendly food diary section. Its the best out there!!
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS and take it slowly. This is a day by day journey. It took us years to put on this weight, it will NOT disappear overnight. Patience.
  • AlisonTodd
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 160, 158, 135
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Exercising regularly, I'm a couch potato
    3. What's your favourite exercise? running
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? I love unsalted nacho chips with fat free cheese melted on top
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice cream!
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? my wrists
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? my thighs, hips, buttocks region
    8. How did you find MFP? google search
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? I love everything, especially all of the supportive people
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? Having a support system helps me tremendously, my husband will not diet with me (he doesn't need to!) and I don't want to make him. It would be sooo much easier if he did.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 168,156,150
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Thinking differently about the food I eat.
    3. What's your favourite exercise? Working out at the YMCA..
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? Low fat cheese sticks.
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Chocolate anything.
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? My eyes
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? My stomach.
    8. How did you find MFP?Through a diet group at Cafemom.is a
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? the database
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? drink water and eat several small meals through out the day.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 143, 130, 120
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Accepting that my weight will bounce around like a freakin pinball.
    3. What's your favourite exercise? Spinning
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? String cheese
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Booze and chocolate
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? The girls or as my husband calls them the ladies.
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? My nose, yes I know it has nothing to do with weight loss or gain, but I still hate it.
    8. How did you find MFP? Googling calorie counters
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? All the great advise from other members
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? Eat real food, it's all about portion size not deprivation.
  • arjames82
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 223, 201, 140
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Cutting back on fast food and alcohol:drinker:
    3. What's your favourite exercise? Spinning
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? Haven't found one yet:noway:
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? peanut M&Ms
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? my lips :smooched:
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? my stomach
    8. How did you find MFP? recommended to me by my personal trainer
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? the message boards
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? drink was much water as you can everyday:drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 144, 134, 125
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Finding a balance between food-police-strict and junk-food-junkie.
    3. What's your favourite exercise? A ton of stuff...the list of what I don't like is shorter: stationary cardio.
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? PB sandwich w/ no sugar added chocolate milk
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat? Soft chocolate chip cookies and ice cream!
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? Face/boobs (lol)
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? front of my quads
    8. How did you find MFP? looking for a counting site
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? the forums because of the people!
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? Think in terms of months rather than days or weeks.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    1. What are your starting, current and goal weights? 250, 228, 150
    2. What's been the hardest thing since beginning your weight-loss journey? Eating healthy. Not only did I eat large quantities, but everything I ate was high sodium, high fat, little to no nutritiional value.
    3. What's your favourite exercise? turbo jam, elliptical
    4. What's your favourite healthy snack? reduced-fat triscuits with light laughing cow swiss
    5. What's your favourite unhealthy snack/ treat?f hersheys bars
    6. What's your favourite physical feature? eyes
    7. What's your least favourite physical feature? stomach
    8. How did you find MFP? saw a ticker on another message forum
    9. What's your favourite thing about MFP? The site itself is awesome, but the support of the members are just as great
    10. What's one bit of advice you'd offer to newcomers? dont give up! Even if the scale moves, or you have a bad meal or a bad day, or even a bad week, just start over again! It DOES get easier. Drink a lot of water, and EAT YOUR CALORIES