Your views on coffee?

Options

Replies

• k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions. That is all.

I 2nd this!

FYI: I drink a big coffee every morning. I use chocolate coffeemate and real sugar. Everyday. Not kidding. My coffee every morning is about 200 calories and I factor my daily food with that already taken out. I have lost a lot of weight and I would not be a tolerable person without my coffee with all my additives.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Love the caffeine :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

I have the pumpkin pie!! Its AMAZING :D I put coconut flavor in some diet hot cocoa too :)))) tastes like an almond joy! but 25 calories :D

Have you tried the peanut butter?! Coffee and peanut butter? Not sure it gets much better...

this is pure crazy talk. (and i want some)
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I concur!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    lifeblood!

i have just cut down from about 6-7 cups a day to 3-4 cups a day... i use it when i'm feeling peckish and want to eat, i have a coffee to get my mind off it (i should probably use water but seriously, that doesn't fill the hole when you want to consume something).

i am now drinking 3-4 cups of coffee and the rest in green tea...
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options

I have the pumpkin pie!! Its AMAZING :D I put coconut flavor in some diet hot cocoa too :)))) tastes like an almond joy! but 25 calories :D

Have you tried the peanut butter?! Coffee and peanut butter? Not sure it gets much better...

I havent! I just have had coconut an pumpkin pie :D
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

To me this isn't coffee, this is just grown up soft drink!!
    But hey, if it makes you happy... go for it, we all have to have an indulgence (from Ruby who has just eaten more than is necessary at an Easter lunch at work!)
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    To me this isn't coffee, this is just grown up soft drink!!

I just like my coffee light and sweet! Unless it's espresso. :wink:
  • tarjake
    tarjake Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i started drinking more coffee when i started this in feb. because i was starving! couple ofr cups in the morning took the edge off my hunger.
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    I've been a daily coffee drinker for years and it's never had an effect on my weight.

Caffeine is an appetite suppressant, so a cup of java can sometimes curb a snackie craving for a lot fewer calories. I also read an article a couple of years ago that reported moderate coffee drinking (like a cup or two a day) could actually help people who exercise lose more weight. (I think that was the gist of the research--forgive me for not having a link to share for this!) But it can also dehydrate you, so I do try to stick with just 1-2 cups a day to keep from drying myself out.

I used to use splenda and FF half and half in my coffee, but I've been cutting out processed foods and artificial sweeteners, so now I use 1tsp of demerara (evaporated cane juice) plus 2oz of 2% milk or 2tbsp real half and half. My weekend splurge cup of coffee is sometimes spiked with half a shot of Irish cream instead. Either way, it only ends up totaling between 50 and 75 calories a day, and I build that into my daily allowance so it won't put me over. Sometimes if I get a dessert when eating out, I'll have a cup of black coffee with it, which is a nice contrast with something sweet.

Anyways, if you like coffee, I see no reason not to drink it in moderation! :happy:
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    Ooh--also, if you're tracking your other nutrients, you'll find that one cup of coffee gives you 116mg of potassium!
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The caffeine actually bumps up the metabolism a tiny bit.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is an appetite suppressant. I run/manage a Dunkin Donuts and if we're really busy sometimes it will be 2PM and all I've had all day is 4 cups of coffee and I don't feel hungry at all. (which is bad, I usually eat, but sometimes work sucks and you just CAN'T).
    My coffee is about 50 calories. I use skim milk and a couple of splenda, usually hazelnut.

I recently bought a Keurig and it is the best invention ever created by the hands of man. Buy one. Now. If you love coffee, drop whatever you are doing and buy a Keurig this instant!:laugh:
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I believe studies have shown that drinking coffee shortly before exercise boosts the metabolism and burns more calories (or something like that, whatever it is it's good).

I don't touch decaf - if I drink coffee it's because I want the taste and need the caffeine boost!! Besides, they often make decaf by filtering the normal coffee through nasty highly toxic chemicals and there will always be trace elements left in.

Coffee made the indonesian way is good - you just have to avoid the floating grounds of coffee and not stir up the tons of sugar!!!

Turkish coffee is fab, coffee ground with cardamon pods is also very nice (we could do a world tour of coffee styles....) as is coffee with a dash of Raki in it. Tastes divine but you can't do a lot after it!!!!!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It's 8.30 and I'm going to bed " just because I'm so excited to wake up and have my morning coffee "
    ME TOO!!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    coffee can help weight loss is what I have heard

and I love the SF torani! What flavor do you have? :]

And where can I get more flavors than just the typical hazelnut and vanilla?...

http://shop.torani.com/

right here!! sooo many

Going to have to see if I can order from that site. We have absolutely no awesome coffee flavourings over here in Englandshire!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options

I call it the Nectar of the Gods, but I agree :) I cannot live without coffee, nor would I want to!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Eeeeew that all sounds VILE! :laugh:

I just drink it the way it's meant to be, strong and black, and I drink about 2-4 mugs a day. I don't even bother logging it here.
  • willrun4redvines
    Options
    I love coffee and I drink 2 cups in the morning with a tablespoon(serving size) of Coffee Mate Hazelnut creamer. That's 40 cal in a cup, so 80 every morning. I gave up soda and otherwise only drink water. NOT giving up my coffee!! I'm going to have to check out this Torani stuff. Neve heard of it before.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I allocate about 50 calories a day to coffee. I add fat free half and half. I used to add sugar and regular h&h a long time ago but was able to cut that out. I have between 1 and 3 cups a day at most.

Coffee is one of life's simple pleasures. Don't let them take it away from you!