OH MY GOSH

Options
Ok I have been doing really well on my calories and fat grams and watching what I eat.
I think of this as a lifestyle change.....not a diet...
and it works for me.
I still get to enjoy the foods I like.....just portioned controlled....and sometimes its a give and take...
If I take some of this today then I give that up today....

So a few people really got under my skin yesterday....
I am eating my well deserved smart ones icecream for dessert and THIS person tells me...
oh that is bad...you shouldnt eat that...you will gain back all your weight...
you shouldnt have bread, you shouldnt have this or that....
and dont bother buying smaller clothes cause you will just gain it all back???
WHAT:angry::grumble: !!!!
:sad:
Ok I have changed my lifestyle......
I am not dieting....I am changing my eating habits and its working...
How can people be like this???
Sorry I am venting and a bit pmsssy too

Replies

• STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been doing really well on my calories and fat grams and watching what I eat.
    and it works for me.
    I still get to enjoy the foods I like.....just portioned controlled....and sometimes its a give and take...

I am eating my well deserved smart ones icecream for dessert and THIS person tells me...
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    they are jealous, comments are to be expected, hopefully the good ones outweigh the bad ones though! :flowerforyou:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    some people just don't know any better and were never taught manners and know nothing about nutrition and how it works.
    Options
    I take my launch to work and on the top and sides of my lunch box I have the following in black letters.

say nice things
    IF NOT
    my ears are closed
  • orangestarr05
    orangestarr05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't let their negative comments get you down. You're right, staying healthy means a change in lifestyle, which is difficult to do. You've taken the steps necessary to do it and those people are insecure because they haven't. Keep doing what you're doing - you're on the right path!
  • kismetme
    Options
    Just let their negative comments motivate you even more. The ones who matter most are proud of you and are there to support you. Way to go on your new healthy lifestyle! :smile:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    May sound cliche...but I say "SHAKE THEM HATERS OFF!!"
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Sounds like a whole lot of jealousy to me!
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Insert a whole slew of four letter words here. :explode: Those kind of people make me NUTS!!!! Keep on keepin' on!
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    THEY MAY GAIN IT BACK BUT NOT YOU - not those of us that understand it is about a life style change. People keep asking me what diet I am on, how have I lost so much weight. When I explain to them I am not dieting but have changed my whole life, how I eat differently and have changed out some ingredients and learned portion controls and exercise almost every single day. They actually get disappointed and turn away. They want me to tell them some quick fix or to say oh yeah it was this wacky diet or that wacky pill or I cut bread out of my life forever or whatever. When they hear I am doing it ‘just the way the doctor and any professional you talk to tells you to do it’ they lose interest. So ignore the nay sayers , you’re on exactly the right track and as you keep losing you can just smile and enjoy that you did all while still sitting down to dinner with your family or occasionally having that slice of pizza or ending every night with a skinny cow ice cream sandwich (which I almost always do)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Next time just laugh- really throw your head back and LAUGH- and then say "holy, jealous much?" and walk away. I'll bet money that whoever said it is overweight. Rude rude rude, enjoy your ice cream, I had some last night too! :flowerforyou:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i believe it is pure ignorance--they say those things because they only know the crash diet way and not the lifestyle change way. just shrug it off!!
  • logansmommy
    Options
    Wow, sorry they said that suff to you. My husband can be a jerk and say I shouldnt eatthings eathier,t hey just don't understand!
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone......:smooched:
    I always know I can count on you:flowerforyou:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    I 100% agree with kerrilucko. I just bet they are overweight and you know that misery likes company. That has obviously been the route they took. Strict dieting and then they fell hard off the wagon. The way we do it here on MFP allows us to have our favorites in moderation. We know that we can have a skinny cow everyday if we want it. Just take it out of our budget in the morning so when nightfall comes and the bigtime cravings start, it's already accounted for and there for you. Just imagine a skinny cow waiting for you with it's arms held out ready to give you a big comforting hug. :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Next time just laugh- really throw your head back and LAUGH- and then say "holy, jealous much?" and walk away. I'll bet money that whoever said it is overweight. Rude rude rude, enjoy your ice cream, I had some last night too! :flowerforyou:
    :drinker: :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    i believe it is pure ignorance--they say those things because they only know the crash diet way and not the lifestyle change way. just shrug it off!!
    truer words have never been spoken....you make agreat point:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    and it works for me.

I think some folks look as those of us that are larger or that they know are working toward weightloss/health as our goal and simply don't understand that we do have a balanced way of doing things....we are NOT dieting (yea MFP for helping us learn that) but are learning to incorporate healthier everyday foods into our lives...

I say YAY for you for doing it and it's a tough spot to be in....so glad you posted to get some positive feedback from your MFP friends!! it's tough when you get that response...and can't think of a thing to say at the moment and feel alone in it all..... that's why I'm so proud that you decided to come here and share instead of isolating and perhaps tossin in the towel...you're doing great!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    you go girl!! I could have written this myself. I soooooooooo see it as a lifestyle change as well. "Diets" are full of lyes as I see them. Pumping our heads and bodies full of lyes about eating less and working out harder for example. I'd still be "killin" myself if it weren't for the folks on this site. I never dreamed I would be actually eating more in order to fuel my body for my workouts. Plus, Im eating healthy foods and still can have a piece of cake or pie once in awhile without my world crashing in!!

The "proof is in the puddin" and you are proof that our way is best!!!! denise in Sams Valley OR

and it works for me.