Your views on coffee?

Options

Replies

• sightnowchanging
    Options
    coffee can help weight loss is what I have heard

and I love the SF torani! What flavor do you have? :]

I usually mix caramel and vanilla together. I'm also a fan of hazelnut!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee have one everyday with vanilla coffeemate. I use to load it down with at least 2-3 tsp of sugar and creamer. But I'm slowly weaning myself to black.

It's really the only thing I drink other than water, so I don't mind the caffeine.
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I believe studies have shown that drinking coffee shortly before exercise boosts the metabolism and burns more calories (or something like that, whatever it is it's good).

I have also been told this by a personal trainer who suggested that a strong coffee before a workout can boost fat burn...HOWEVER a word of warning.... on a personal note I have 'sensitive blood sugar' (def not diabetic) and have noticed that coffee before a workout gives me a hypo.

It's a real pain as i love my coffee but now only have coffee after I've exercised.
  • peytjalmom
    Options
    Dr. Sanjay Gupta said on Conan the other night that drinking two cups of coffee a day adds two years to your life because it's full of antioxidants. Even if it does slow weight loss(which may be a slanderous lie made up by tea companies), you'll have two extra years of life to make up the difference.:laugh: So ENJOY!!!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    It's like the argument of beer being bad for you, but also being good for you. Your best bet is to drink it black. IF you need sweetener, try some Stevia.

My girlfriend's mom used to drink 8+ cups a day (all throughout the day). Since she started Shakeology, though, she's down to two cups. It may be worth looking for a coffee alternative.
  • mrk1day
    mrk1day Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Coffee is actually an appetite suppressant :)
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a addiction and i dont see myself every stopping. Even 1 cup a day while pregnant is ok with my doctor. I have 2 cups in the morning with a tablesppon of splenda in each.. Why cover up the taste with all the flavored junk? It suppresses my appetite and helps my digestion track. Me and my husband love to have it at night on cold nights instead of hot coco...
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions. That is all.

QFT
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I don't touch decaf - if I drink coffee it's because I want the taste and need the caffeine boost!! Besides, they often make decaf by filtering the normal coffee through nasty highly toxic chemicals and there will always be trace elements left in.

This is not true. The chemicals do not survive the roasting process. See http://www.sweetmarias.com/health.eco.html. Also, most people don't know this, but there is actually such a thing a high quality delicious decaf coffee. It just never makes it to most consumers hands because it costs more than regular coffee due to the processing (and who really wants to pay MORE for decaf?) The stuff that people usually buy in the store or at restaurants needs to be sold at the same price as regular coffee in order to be competitive. In order to achieve this, they start with cheap low quality beans. This is why decaf gets a bad rap.

Anyway, time to power on the espresso machine so I can have a fully caffeinated americano after my workout!
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    I love my coffee and haven't been able to find any suggestions that there are anything but benefits for a normal, healthy person who drinks 1-2 cups of coffee per day (most days I push my luck just a little because I love the stuff and have a bad habit of burning the candle at both ends and in the middle, too). Leave out the crap and enjoy your coffee!
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    Leave out the crap and enjoy your coffee!

Yes!! :happy:
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I don't touch decaf - if I drink coffee it's because I want the taste and need the caffeine boost!! Besides, they often make decaf by filtering the normal coffee through nasty highly toxic chemicals and there will always be trace elements left in.

This is not true. The chemicals do not survive the roasting process. See http://www.sweetmarias.com/health.eco.html. Also, most people don't know this, but there is actually such a thing a high quality delicious decaf coffee. It just never makes it to most consumers hands because it costs more than regular coffee due to the processing (and who really wants to pay MORE for decaf?) The stuff that people usually buy in the store or at restaurants needs to be sold at the same price as regular coffee in order to be competitive. In order to achieve this, they start with cheap low quality beans. This is why decaf gets a bad rap.

Anyway, time to power on the espresso machine so I can have a fully caffeinated americano after my workout!

Maybe - but the very fact that residue is allowed suggests that some may occur. Whatever the truth, personally
    I'd rather not stick my coffee beans in paint stripper before I drink it!! But then I tend to go with the idea that foodstuff contains the different nutrients and compounds for a reason, and that our bodies are better designed to cope with the unadulterated version!

Like most foods - you get what you pay for.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love coffee I use artificial sweetner but creamer too I love it. going to look up the ones you are talking about though :) peanut butter and coffee! Yum
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I literally just left class to get coffee. I started drinking it black my freshman year of college (before I started my weight loss journey). It reminds me of my grandfather, he used to give it to me with a little sugar when I was a little girl because I wanted to drink what he was drinking. Maybe that's why I'm so short.

Although, I hear that caffeine, since it is a stimulant, can help with weight loss. I tend to not believe that, but rather am of the mindset that since caffeine is also an appetite suppressant it can help you eat a little less. Just drink lots of water.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think about my morning coffee at night too!

Like a lot of people, I just use full fat 1/2 and 1/2, and sugar. But, I drink it out of a standard mug (no travel size, actual 8 oz cup size) so what I add is not that much, it comes out to 36 calories. I don't sweat the small stuff. ;)

I lost 45 lbs while drinking coffee and have maintained it for four years now so I don't think it's really something to worry about. If you really enjoy coffee (or anything) and you cut it completely out of your diet, you're less likely to adhere. So enjoy your coffee!
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Coffee is one of my main reasons for living! Whats the use of getting thin and living a healthy life if that life doesn't include COFFEE...and lots of it!

I've been drinking coffee forever and I have lost 80+ lbs...I drink it black (but I drink a pot a day at least:embarassed: ) )
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions. That is all.

I 2nd this!

FYI: I drink a big coffee every morning. I use chocolate coffeemate and real sugar. Everyday. Not kidding. My coffee every morning is about 200 calories and I factor my daily food with that already taken out. I have lost a lot of weight and I would not be a tolerable person without my coffee with all my additives.

Lol. You go girl!!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    enjoy your coffee. i enjoy mine too. f what others say tbh.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    enjoy your coffee. i enjoy mine too. f what others say tbh.

lol....everyone here is pretty PRO COFFEE! ^_^
  • KarenB4G
    KarenB4G Posts: 252
    Options
    Two cups in the morning and I count it as 2 - 8oz servings of fluid (aka water)