Chalean Extreme vs. Turbo Fire

techie30
techie30 Posts: 82 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Alrighty folks, need some help. I'm sick of what I've been doing, and really want to try Chalean Extreme or Turbo Fire, but can't decide which. I want a program that incorporates cardio and strength training (all rolled into one). My issues: KNEES! I have crazy-bad knees (as in, I only have 30-40% of the cartilage I should have). I made it through P90X without problems, but I'm scared to spend a bunch of $$ on a program I can't do because of my knee issues.

Sooooooo, please let me know what you think of the two in light of knee impact and results. Thanks!

Replies

• maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    I love TurboFire, and it definitely has a lot more cardio than Chalean Extreme. It's also got strength workouts in the program (my favorite is core 20). It IS high impact though- there is a lot of jumping and kicking, but they have Allie, who always stands to the right of Chalene doing a modified version. I've had to go to modified a few times because my knee was starting to hurt a bit, and it helps a lot while still keeping intensity.

Also, I've done only 2 workouts from Chalean Extreme (It came as a bonus with TF) but it seems similar to P90X, just a lot less extreme. If you can do the P90X plyometrics and Kenpo X, you should have no problems with TurboFire
  • Zchi6
    Zchi6 Posts: 3 Member
    I am actually doing a hybrid of the two right now. I also did P90x but it didn't have enough cardio for me. I love the strength training of Chalene Extreme but the cardio in Turbofire is unmatched by any other program I've tried. I lost over forty pounds using Chalene's programs and I also have bad knees! I would try Turbofire and them move to the hybrid of the two afterwards, Allie is really great with the modifications and I have had success with both. Hope this helped!
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    I am actually doing a hybrid of the two right now. I also did P90x but it didn't have enough cardio for me. I love the strength training of Chalene Extreme but the cardio in Turbofire is unmatched by any other program I've tried. I lost over forty pounds using Chalene's programs and I also have bad knees! I would try Turbofire and them move to the hybrid of the two afterwards, Allie is really great with the modifications and I have had success with both. Hope this helped!

OOOh, that's why I don't do P90X anymore-I wasn't losing fat, just building muscle. Does Turbofire have strength training or is it just cardio??
  • Zchi6
    Zchi6 Posts: 3 Member
    Turbofire does have strength training...using the resistance bands. If you get the full set (including the advanaced DVDs) there are about 4-5 strength training workouts. They worked for the me first time around. (I already have completed one round of TUrbofire... then I did P90X and decided to return to CHalene.... Hope this helps
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    If your goal is fat loss then TurboFire is the way to go. :)
  • I've done all of Chalene's programs...and TF is by far the best to date...I saw big results in my first week. There is a lot of resistance training as well as stretch exercises that I adore!! There is a lot of jumping, however I'm on my 8th week and am just starting to really be able to do them due to knee pain. I just mod when I have to and still get a killer workout! I love this workout!!! Seeing abs and my bum is looking hot!! hehe
This discussion has been closed.