Reading for Fun!

Options
jlprovost
jlprovost Posts: 109 Member
With school wrapping up I can finally put down the textbooks and start to read for enjoyment again. However, I have kind of been out of the loop with new great reads.

I usually prefer books that are intense "page turners". I am open and up for reading anything.

Does anyone have suggestions on some great books to read?

Replies

• new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I have just finished "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" series. It's "Dragon Tattoo", "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest". The third was a little hard to get through but good in the end.

I also love anything by Jodi Picoult!

Enjoy! :)
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    Try the "Hunger Games", it's a 3 part series and I devored the books.
    My 15 year old told me about it, really popular right now and a movie in the works for 2012:heart:
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love any of the Stephanie Plum series from Janet Evanovich (start with 1 for the money if youre in it for the long run), Allllll the Twilight Series books, and Nicholas Sparks books are really good too. My book group is reading secret hymm of the tiger mother right now which sounds really good.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love true crime books. they are so interesting. Robin cook is another great author
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I just finished Pale Demon by Kim Harrison
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Great book!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I just finished Crow Killer by Raymond Throp. I'm having a weird craving for liver now. Bizzare.
  • JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    My 15 year old told me about it, really popular right now and a movie in the works for 2012:heart:
    I agree! The Hunger Games are a must read!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    "Neighbor" by Lisa Gardner..or any Lisa Gardner book..very intense mostly murder mysteries
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    I usually get bored of non fiction reads so I turn to something new every time I'm bored. My last read was BONK The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex, Author Mary Roach. It was a very interesting book!!
  • KayleesTryin
    KayleesTryin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am totally a romance girl so if you want a HOT paranormal series I definitely recommend the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole. Sigh... Full of Alpha males and kick butt famales! I read all 9 in less than 2 weeks. My bank account does not like me right now...
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

Great book!
    make it 3 for this book
  • basketmaker09
    Options
    I love anything written by Stuart Woods!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

LOVED HUNGER GAMES! Cannot wait for the movie.. these are definite page turners, I could NOT stop reading :)
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The Thirteenth Tale, by Diane Setterfield. Serious page-turner, I loved it!
  • carmenvo
    carmenvo Posts: 34
    Options
    The Crimson Petal and the White from Michel Faber. The first 100-150 pages are a bit difficult to get through, but after that I just didn't want to go to sleep! And since its over 900 pages that is quite frustrating because you have to :) Honestly, my favourite book.
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Loving the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole. :wink:
  • curlgirl_03
    Options
    Anything by James Patterson.. all of his books are suspense with a little romance sometimes. They're definiate page turners!