Day 4 30 Day Shred and I am aching so much

Options
How on earth can you go 30 days without a rest. I know I am at a reasonable weight and fitness level but seriously my body feels like its been hit by a bus. I only have a few pounds to shift but already feel like i need a days break to recover!

Good luck to all those who try.

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi, I only do it 4/5 times per week, with other exercise on the other days. Im on level 2, day 6. I didnt measure myself but lost 3lb so far.x
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    1st 5 days for me were hell on the quads, but after day 5, the pain went away! I did it 6 days/week, with other cardio on all 7 days.
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just completed 30DS and at by day 5 I was going down the stairs on my bum cos my legs ached so bad!!!!! :laugh:

It gets easier though and you see such a difference it's well worth sticking at it - I did 5/6 days a week through all three levels and toned up a lot! I loved it - doing Six Week Six Pack right now but will definately revisit the 30DS and incorporate in to my maintenance programme!

Good luck - it will all be worth it! :drinker:
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    It does get easier! I'm quite overweight, and not that fit, but i've just completed day 10! (I did miss 1 day due to sickness, but I did 2 sessions in a row the next day to make up for it!!)

Just stick at it! The sessions start to go a lot faster once your muscles aren't aching! Just think to yourself "it's only 20 minutes! It's only 20 minutes!"

Good luck!
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS as I see fit and as fits into my schedule... Maybe not the official plan so much, but so far I've done level one ten times and level two five times (over the period of about a month). I prefer to mix up my workouts so I don't exhaust myself or my muscles. Sure, the idealized "30 days to better you" thing is nice, but a good walk, tennis match, bike ride, etc, will burn the same amount of calories on days where you need a break from the strength routine. Most personal trainers recommend resting days between strength training anyway, so I certainly prefer my method... I like the workout itself, but couldn't imagine putting that much stress on my muscles 30 days in a row... when do they have time to repair??
  • karen415
    karen415 Posts: 55
    Options
    I just bought the 30 day shred, I have a question, Do for 30 days do you do level 1 and then go to level 2 on day 31? I don't understand how people are mixing it up unless they have finished it and are doing it again
  • joolzh13
    joolzh13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I believe you move on after your comfortable, but ideally 10 days for each level. i think Jillian says on the DVD you do what you feel comfortable with.
  • niffer82402
    niffer82402 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will be feeling the pain in the beginning, but you have to STICK WITH IT! For the first few days, I nearly cried everytime I tried to sit on/get off of the toilet because my legs hurt soooo bad! :laugh: But I stuck with it, and now I am doing Level 3 and loving it! If you absolutely must, take one day off to let your body rest/recover. But then get back at it! Good luck to you! :happy: