Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who DOESN'Teat their exercise calories back?

124»

Replies

• froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    I eat some of them back. It depends on what time of day I exercise too. When I workout I am not hungry for a long time after so if I work out in the afternoon or evening I don't eat them back but I do try to make sure that I reach the minimum 1200 cals to begin with. I look at the exercise as a way to have a healthy heart and hopefully to maintain range of motion and muscle.

once I did consider doing a ton of exercise and then ordering a pizza though :drinker: :blushing:
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    I eat at least 1200 in a day but usually I don't eat all of my calories back because I know every once in a while I will have something come up where I'll be over my calories so all those days of having 100-300 extra calories left pays off because in the end of the week I am right in line with my recommended calories...(make sense?)

This is my general theory! I aim for my 1200 calories and give myself some leniency on those days I'm exercising...but all in all I know I may splurge a little on the weekends and I don't worry about it because I've given myself those extra calories during the week, because I typically don't eat my exercise calories back...or at least not all of them. When I was working with a personal trainer (ages ago btw!) she told me that I should look at my calories as a weekly thing because I am constantly burning calories and one day of exercise or bad eating doesn't mean I'm going to drop or add 5 lbs permanently!!!!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    I don't because I find most of the exercise calories burned are way higher then they really were and I think I was eating too much, so then I cut them in half and started losing again and now I don't enter my exercise but don't sweat it if I go 100 to 200 over occasionally. Seems to be working.
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Bumpy bump......
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    How the heck are so many if you burning over 1000 calories a day? And are your before exercise calories your bmr,or how did ou chose them?