No sleep and exercise?

Options
OK quick question....

Last night I got about 3 hours of sleep because I had a test to study for and an assignment to finish. Im a mom so I cant sit down to do anything while my daughter is awake cuz that just doesnt happen...

So with only 3 hours of sleep, how to I go about my calories for today, do I stick to what is laid out or do I need to modify. If so, how?

Also today is my last day for exercise this week, do I still go work out with only 3 hours of sleep or would that be overkill?

Thanks!!

Replies

• jrow5
    jrow5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too am studying and a mom...me, I stick to the calories laid out for the day.

As far as exercise goes...go on how you feel, maybe modify to do half?
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I average 3 to 5 hours of sleep a night during the weekdays (not good, I know) and I can workout just fine. Then again, it's a normal thing for me. See how you feel at workout time. A workout might give you a nice energy boost but if you feel lightheaded or drowsy, you don't want to compromise your safety for the sake of a workout. Can you take your daughter for a short walk or something to wake yourself up and burn some extra calories?

As for the food intake, I'll leave that to someone else as I'm really not sure.
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    try to take a nap later on and then exercise tonight a few hours before bedtime.
  • myamr000
    myamr000 Posts: 1
    Options
    exercise!!! it will definately boost your energy and get u through the evening "hump"! I do this from time to time as well and it helps alot!!!
  • Sierrasmommy
    Options
    WllI have to exercise in the afternoon before my daughter gets out of school but I cant exercise until I get done with classes (1pm) so thees only a small window where I can fit it in which means I cant nap prior to, lol. So Imstill at a loss as to what to do. I thought tha it was if you didnt sleep too wel that your calorie intake blended together with the previous day.
  • Sierrasmommy
    Options
    wow sleep really messes with your typing too, lol :laugh:
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I thought tha it was if you didnt sleep too wel that your calorie intake blended together with the previous day.

Never heard anything like that. I do not think your food intake would much matter. Lack of sleep does affect you, but it is probably nearly impossible to determine on a meaningful level to what extent.

As for the exercise, go for it, but take it easy. Your heart rate will likely be higher than average due to the lack of rest, so you may find you cannot workout with your usual intensity. Having a snack with some carbohydrates before your workout will help with fatigue.