What is your biggest obstacle?

jvsings
jvsings Posts: 4 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
What is everyone struggling with the most? For me it is portion sizes. I think I wouldn't have as much of a problem with food if I knew how to slow down and eat moderately. I'm the worst at parties, potlucks, etc....... anytime there is an unlimited amount. I guess it is psychological or something-like I'm entitled to as must food as I can stuff in my face!!???

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    carb count.
  • hagofnaedre
    hagofnaedre Posts: 30 Member
    Sweets. I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth!
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Exercising!:frown:
  • I struggle the most with saying no. Especially at the office. If someone offers me something, it goes directly in my pie hole! I just need to work on a little self control!:ohwell: :ohwell:
  • Mistykelly
    Mistykelly Posts: 47 Member
    Soda, I can not give it up!
  • I just love chips and pizza so I have to totally cut them out because I'll eat them all the time if i dont. Im also not a big fan of fruit and veg...
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Oreo's.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Just food. I really like eating...like a lot...
  • rcgrissom
    rcgrissom Posts: 17
    Patience and continuance as the weight comes off sslloooowwllyy. :flowerforyou:
  • Spending more time exercising = less time with the fiance. Guilt.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Free food. There is always something on my desk, usually donuts. I can't resist donuts. I wish they would just give me the money....
  • The weekends! I flake off more on the weekends because my schedule is all messed up! so I gain sometimes on the weekends!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    My family is not willing to forgo the junk, so I can't get it out of the house.

I do pretty well avoiding the chips. But I can't avoid anything else. They get mad when I use wholewheat pasta or bread.
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Weekends! More stuff to do that makes it harder to squeeze in a workout, beer, and big family dinners (with a family who could care less if what they eat will make them fluffier). And stupid rainy weather is another obstacle.
  • My biggest obstacle is not planning. Like today, for example, I know I will go from work to my daughter's softball game...did I pack anything to tide me over so I can avoid the concession stand? No. Did I plan anything specific for dinner tonight so I can come home and eat dinner instead raid the pantry and the fridge while dinner is cooking? Nope. Hopefully I find time to offset any bad eating tonight with a good workout...
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    shopping i go to the store and i want all the bad stuff for me
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Sodium. Bleah. I don't add salt to anything. But the foods I love have high sodium. And it annoys me that it doesn't NEED it. I can make a marinara sauce from pureed tomatoes, garlic and some seasoning, and it's very low in sodium. But a jar of Ragu is loaded with it!

Also difficult... curbing my desire to eat mindlessly. I could happily sit down with a box of crackers and a ball of cheese, and eat a day's worth of calories in one sitting.
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Definitely alcohol - I associate it with any social event, family event or with the sun which has started to shine a lot more these days. I can't say no to a get together and that usually means drinking
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Exercising!:frown:

AMEN!:drinker:
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Definately portion sizes... I feel hungry all the time and I end up eating the entire thing. I have no idea how people can live with what an actual portion size is supposed to be. That's my biggest problem... that and being so discouraged.
This discussion has been closed.