Who DOESN'Teat their exercise calories back?

Options
124»

Replies

• froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I eat some of them back. It depends on what time of day I exercise too. When I workout I am not hungry for a long time after so if I work out in the afternoon or evening I don't eat them back but I do try to make sure that I reach the minimum 1200 cals to begin with. I look at the exercise as a way to have a healthy heart and hopefully to maintain range of motion and muscle.

once I did consider doing a ton of exercise and then ordering a pizza though :drinker: :blushing:
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 1200 in a day but usually I don't eat all of my calories back because I know every once in a while I will have something come up where I'll be over my calories so all those days of having 100-300 extra calories left pays off because in the end of the week I am right in line with my recommended calories...(make sense?)

This is my general theory! I aim for my 1200 calories and give myself some leniency on those days I'm exercising...but all in all I know I may splurge a little on the weekends and I don't worry about it because I've given myself those extra calories during the week, because I typically don't eat my exercise calories back...or at least not all of them. When I was working with a personal trainer (ages ago btw!) she told me that I should look at my calories as a weekly thing because I am constantly burning calories and one day of exercise or bad eating doesn't mean I'm going to drop or add 5 lbs permanently!!!!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I don't because I find most of the exercise calories burned are way higher then they really were and I think I was eating too much, so then I cut them in half and started losing again and now I don't enter my exercise but don't sweat it if I go 100 to 200 over occasionally. Seems to be working.
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bumpy bump......
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    How the heck are so many if you burning over 1000 calories a day? And are your before exercise calories your bmr,or how did ou chose them?