Fellow water haters, how do you hydrate?

Options
I've been really trying to get my water consumption up to where it needs to be, according to the Mayo Clinic website its your weight/2 = how many ounces per day you should drink. ie 150lbs= 75 ounces/day

I really hate just plain water so I'm trying to find flavored ways I can. I know Coffee and Black Teas don't count as water but Ive been counting:
Herbal/Green Tea with Honey
Sobe Lifewater (naturally sweetened 0 cals)
Gatorade
Water with Crystal Light packets

Any other ideas? Or am I cheating with any of my choices? haha

Replies

• cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of water too but I found an idea a couple years ago... I put frozen (no sugar added) strawberries and blueberries into my water. It sweetens my water just a bit and I usually add some ice around the berries so I can't eat them first and they are an awesome treat when I finish my water!! I drink a ton of water like that!!
  • CNYKrista
    CNYKrista Posts: 61
    Options
    I count those too. Don't care what anyone says they still are liquids to me as long as they are not caffeinated!
  • 1RippedChic
    Options
    I split 1 cup of water up over the hour...every 15 mins a 4th goes down!!! =P
  • CNYKrista
    Options
    I count those too. Don't care what anyone says they still are liquids to me as long as they are not caffeinated!
  • CNYKrista
    Options
  • CNYKrista
    Options
  • sheilaburdick
    sheilaburdick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Club soda with lemon or lime juice
  • bmmiller4
    bmmiller4 Posts: 39
    Options
    I am not a big fan of plain water either. I tried the Mio water enhancers and it has really helped me up my water intake. It really does not take much to give the water some flavor. Mio has zero calories, zero sugar etc. My other problem is that I am also a water snob. I will not drink tap water (we have an RO system in our home) so I will not drink water when we go out to eat either...tastes nasty to me. Give the Mio a try, I think it will help.
  • jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Powerade zero
  • aprilmssmith
    aprilmssmith Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of plain water either. I tried the Mio water enhancers and it has really helped me up my water intake. It really does not take much to give the water some flavor. Mio has zero calories, zero sugar etc.

Love Mio!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    My trainer said it is perfectly acceptable to add Crystal Light into your water! She said if it's Crystal Light versus no water @ all.. then please add it!!

I use Crystal Light
    Mio Water enhancer (just be careful on how much you use)
    Lemon/Lime with 1 packet of Spenda

Propel Zero
    Gaterade Zero
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    i hate wate but will drink it all day long as long as i have crystal light flavor packets to add to it. i am out so now i need to walk to the store and buy more so i can keep up with my water!
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I use to drink like 5 or 6 mountain dews a day and never water. Then when I quit pop I switched to adding propel to my water. I did that for a few weeks and it made a nice lemonade. But it got really expensive so Now I just add alittle lemon juice to my water and I drink 12-15 cups a day.When your body gets use to all the water you will start to love it and crave it!
  • chubbachub
    chubbachub Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i just add some vodka
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    I am not a big fan of water too but I found an idea a couple years ago... I put frozen (no sugar added) strawberries and blueberries into my water. It sweetens my water just a bit and I usually add some ice around the berries so I can't eat them first and they are an awesome treat when I finish my water!! I drink a ton of water like that!!
    I love water, but this is an awesome idea, Im gonna try it!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have a small water dispenser in my frige. I cut up come cucumbers, oranges and lemon into thin wedges and add it to the water. It is so refreshing and delcious and I don't feel like it is a chore to drink water!
  • jkitt
    jkitt Posts: 1
    Options
    Certain waters almost make me gag and I call them toilet water.... because if I was to drink out of the toilet I am sure that is how it would taste.

I know there is controversy about distilled water about lacking minerals etc... but I can drink it with nearly no trouble. I would suggest trying different "types" of water if you can't improve the flavour with lemon etc...

Another controversial opinion but artificial sweeteners scare me (even though I consume them every now and then and they do make water taste better). IMO eating potentially cancerous chemicals is counter productive to what we are trying to achieve. As much as we can read and try to understand the truth behind them I still think if you listen to common sense they are probably no benefit... ok I am done :)
  • ccwicks
    ccwicks Posts: 39
    Options
    I add an orange or an apple slice or a splash of someting to spice it up - water with a tiny bit of orange or grape juice or other :)
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    gotta love my Mio's
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    i just add some vodka
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: