Chobani Greek Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I eat the Strawberry every morning! i buy a big container and only eat 4oz at a time instead of 6oz. Its thicker then other yogurts imo but i like it sooo much more!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt in general. Fage or chobani plain non fat is perfect for me because I can make it my own and decrease the sugar. I have it daily for breakfast.

1/4 cup frozen berries (thawed with juices reserved)
    1/3 cup yogurt plain non fat (i buy the big containers and usually i'll buy a month supply (4 to 6 large fage containers) at once since my stores don't keep it in stock often)
    1/3 tsp honey
    6 almonds
    1/4 cup Kashi triple Berry crisp to top after mixing

*optional- more fruit- I'm using half a banana currently.

It is delicious and I control the sugar (without the banana it is only 12 grams of sugar.)
  • bigtharrington
    Options
    its like regular yogurt but thicker i love it
  • jesn311
    jesn311 Posts: 43
    Options
    Funny you ask, I'm eating the blueberry one right now! LOVE IT!
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! so do all my kids and my hubby too. Can not keep it in the house! Love the Vanilla. I add fresh fruit. The individual fruit ones are the ones my kids love. They will even eat the Mango flavored one. I buy it at BJ's wholesale club (cheapest I have found it.)
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    I have been eating the Chobani Champions. It's supposed to be for children and comes in 100 cal servings. The flavors I have tried are Verry Berry and Honey-nana. They are both good, IMO. I had my 9 yr old try them and he hated them, he said they are too sour. They are a bit tart, but I like them. I also like to use the plain flavor in place of sour cream. It's a bit different but a good swap out.
  • brazilian27
    Options
    its amazing..but super high in suggar..now I use fage 0% from DANNON....is less calories,sugar etc...and i do add one splenda e one cup of sugar free jello..or some fresh fruits...even cereal....lol its so good :)
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I really like it for a snack after I workout. I buy the nonfat plain version in the big tub and mix it with whatever fruit I have around, and some splenda. Plain, it tastes very similar to sour cream. I also use it for mac and cheese and I also add some to our mashed potatoes on occassion.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The fruit flavours are high in sugar and carbs and the plain one requires some sweetener or lots of fruit to get through the bitter taste.

I'm chalking it up to fad food item but I’m glad I tried it. I get 70-100g of protein just fine without having to resort in eating cottage cheese or Greek yogurt.

I enjoy regular flavoured yogurt however and have it nightly with fruit. Source, Astro and Silhouette are all 35 cals each, 3g protein and only 3g sugar.
  • kstel
    kstel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    its the BEST ever i have one everyday!!!
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    I have been using Chobani nonfat plain for a few weeks now and I really love it.

I am not so much of a sweets person, so I use it in place of sour cream or other high fat dairy. For me it works wonderfully with spicy foods or on raw vegetables with a little dill, pepper and green onion. I made a curried sweet potato soup that had a lot of heat and a few ounces of the yogurt cooled it down and smoothed out the flavor beautifully (with protein to boot). Because it is strained (to remove water) and very thick, a little goes a long way.

I also tried Greek Gods, but found it to be pretty much like standard nonfat plain yogurt.
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I second the *kitten* 0%... delish.... get the plain variety.. can add as a topper to your open sandwiches, salads, chillie or to your fruits etc:)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think it's good. The first time you try it, you'll think it tastes more like sour cream than yogurt especially if you're use to eating regular yogurt.

Fage 0% has even more of this taste and I do not like the piece of wax-style paper they have on top of their yogurt, under the foil cover. Annoying.

I've tried Brown Cow, Chobani, Fage, and a couple other brands and Chobani remains my go too greek yogurt. I prefer the plain because the flavored versions have too much sugar. I've mixed it with protein powder and oatmeal and it's kinda interesting. Be creative.
  • makeupartist12
    Options
    I love Chobani and Fage greek yogurt. It's double the protein. So they are great after a strengthing workout or even b4 you leave work to go home.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    It's the only yogurt I can eat without wanting to puke. I think it's delicious! It also has much more protein than other national brands.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason people are going after Fage 0% when the Fage Total (full fat) is 1,000,000 more delicious?

seriously, if you ever have a day where you are craving pudding or ice cream, go out & treat yourself to Fage Total instead. You'll thank me ;)
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's better than ice cream. Yes, I said it. I eat one every day. Blueberry is awesome, but they are all good.
  • redexpress
    Options
    I love Greek Yogurt, it fills me up when I am craving and hungry.
    A great tip is to avoid any already flavored yogurt due to the sugar (as everyone as mentioned.)
    I add a spoonfull of sugar free pudding mix in with a cup of my greek yogurt - french vanilla is great. Sometimes I will add fresh strawberries to make a fruit parfait!