knees hurt

zoombie_bear
zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
i had my 2nd kickbocing class yesterday.
I train daily with the wii active 2, so used to using every muscle I've got, so today not feeling the aftermath of the kickboxing in the muscles anywhere, but I do feel terrible in the knees, could this be the kickboxing or am I just getting old? it feels like an acticulation disconfort then a muscular thing, any ideas? on how to relieve this. This morning I did my regular work out, was able to, but it's when I slow down or stop for a while it hurts as soon as I move, hummm???

Replies

• Gilly18
    Gilly18 Posts: 5 Member
    Get some frozen peas on them for a while. I used to find that after exercise I'd get the same thing; even if there wasn't visible swelling, frozen peas would help...
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Make sure you are bending your knee before and after the kick. It wil be really hard on your knees if you dont.. I know this is the rule from training taekwondo for 10 years. It will feel weird and like it isn't fast enough at first, but your speed picks up.. Good luck to you :)

ALSO: alternate heat and ice for 10-20 minutes each :)
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Get some frozen peas on them for a while. I used to find that after exercise I'd get the same thing; even if there wasn't visible swelling, frozen peas would help...

Just in case you don't have any idea what they are talking about... get a bag of frozen peas to put on your knees after you workout.
  • KhollerSA05
    KhollerSA05 Posts: 39 Member
    you may also want to re-check your form. I have the same issue with stationary bikes. Not the ones where you are actually in a bicycle position, but the ones that are like a chair with peddals. but i realized that it causes your knee to move in a different direction which kind of throws your muscles for a loop trying to get them back in allignment.
This discussion has been closed.