Made my goal today! :) (w/pic)

Options

Replies

• plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? You look great and I'm right at 135 right now. I am not the best at judging myself since I'm pretty critical when I look in the mirror.

I'm 5'4". I am sure you look good at 5'6" and 135, but it's easy to be critical of ourselves. I'm not really happy with the way I look yet but I've made big improvements! Thanks for the encouragement.
  • plain_jane
    Options
    you look great!!!!!

I made my goal today too--hooray for us! :)

Congrats! Isn't it a great feeling?
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You inspire me to keep after it!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look fantastic!
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    Wow great job!! Can I ask what you were doing for your workouts?? I am 5'5" and at 155. My final goal is 125 but seems my workouts aren't doing enough toning..
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Fantastic job! I started 1/3/11 @ 160 lbs and I am only down to 146....but I am still working at it and I will get there, just like you did, just at a slower pace apparently! Now what??? Are you going to go for 130 lbs??? Tone & build muscle?
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You look great congratulations on your success.So I have a lot of questions for you hope you do not mind:

I am currently at the weight that you were at when you started, I have been on here since October and have lost 12lbs but now I am stuck at 152. What kind of exercise did you do and how many calories where you eating when you started? My goal weight is the same as yours I am 5'3.
    I have done p90x and currently I am doing Insanity but the darn scale is not budging and not sure what else I can do.

Thanks
  • healthyme2be
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on making it to your goal!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    what a huge difference! great job! :)
  • treatsd
    treatsd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Way to go! We are almost the same weight and height starting out... and my goal is 135 also. Your photo really motivated me to stick with it. It's only been 4 weeks, so I have a long way to go.. but I can do it! thanks for posting!
  • sacred81
    sacred81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! I wanna look that good in sweat pants one day...WTG!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Wow I think you look fantastic at the weight you are right now.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options

Me too LOL
  • plain_jane
    Options

Me too LOL

ha ha, thanks! That made me smile, and feel less guilty about still being in my sweatpants in the afternoon!

For those that asked, for workouts, I mostly do the treadmill, and occassionally mix in a tae-bo or turbo jam. I walk/run in intervals and use handweights when I am walking. I couldn't run a mile without practically dying when I started and now I can do four or more without a second thought. I also have improved my mile time by a ton. I do planks and push ups and I really need to start adding more resistance training, but I don't go to the gym very often so I mostly do things that use my own body weight. I started out working out 2-3 times per week and now do about 4-5 times per week because it feels so good! I still need to do more toning and building muscle, as well as I have some jiggle in the middle that I'd like to still lose.

For nutrition, I started out around 1350 calories/day and recently increased it to 1550, and I think since I lost a few pounds it's down to around 1530 or 1520 now (which is a .5 lb per week loss goal). I usually eat most all of my exercise calories. I didn't drastically change what I eat, just the portions, although I am a lot more cautious about junk food than I was before. My one big sacrifice was switching from Blue Moon on the weekends to Budweiser Select 55 (a little beer with my water!) And I occassionally take a weekend day or two where I change my goal to maintenance to allow myself a little freedom with calories, then change it back to the loss goal on Monday and get in a good workout to help keep me on track. I don't look great in a swimsuit yet, but I feel way better in my clothes.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!!! What a fantastic feeling. You look amazing and in 100 days. I will have to remember the whole increasing calories when I get closer. I am less than 20 lbs away. Congrats again!!!
  • livraynesmom
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! Congrats! You have me some really great advice too!
  • cbaines74
    cbaines74 Posts: 77
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bdtaylor2009
    Options
    How is it that when you girls lose 18 to 20 lbs you look great. When we guys lose 20 lbs you can't even tell. Great job way to go I very proud of you ! ! !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!