There is hope, right?

Options
So, as you can tell, I am new to this site. I've browsed the internet just looking for anything, motivation or ideas of how to loose the extra pounds I have put on in just one year! No clue how that happened, maybe to the fact that I was at a comfortable weight and family was cooking good (tasty) meals. And now I want to reach that again. I am not happy as I used to. I cannot fit into my favorite jeans for the life of me. I'm five sizes up from where I used to be. By reading posts here I see people are where I am too and have done something about it and are making a success story. Soon I hope that will be me too. I only want to loose 40 pounds. That amount seems sooooooo high! I began today tracking what I have ate, it is not difficult at all. I giggled at the poster who posted about eating that one cookie instead of the whole plate. I have difficulty eating just one cookie. I'm not overweight to the point where it is unhealthy for my body but I do not want it to reach that. It is to where people are begining to notice. Instead of hearing "are you loosing weight" which I heard all the time because I was a bit skinner Now I hear, oh the holidays have begun to sneak up on you. For now I laugh along and say yes it has, because, well what else can I do? But if others are noticing it must be horiffic? I want to be able to feel good tucking my shirt in again. Hopefully with this site and reading others comments and motivation will get my going again.

Replies

• Erica92627
    Options
    So, as you can tell, I am new to this site. I've browsed the internet just looking for anything, motivation or ideas of how to loose the extra pounds I have put on in just one year! No clue how that happened, maybe to the fact that I was at a comfortable weight and family was cooking good (tasty) meals. And now I want to reach that again. I am not happy as I used to. I cannot fit into my favorite jeans for the life of me. I'm five sizes up from where I used to be. By reading posts here I see people are where I am too and have done something about it and are making a success story. Soon I hope that will be me too. I only want to loose 40 pounds. That amount seems sooooooo high! I began today tracking what I have ate, it is not difficult at all. I giggled at the poster who posted about eating that one cookie instead of the whole plate. I have difficulty eating just one cookie. I'm not overweight to the point where it is unhealthy for my body but I do not want it to reach that. It is to where people are begining to notice. Instead of hearing "are you loosing weight" which I heard all the time because I was a bit skinner Now I hear, oh the holidays have begun to sneak up on you. For now I laugh along and say yes it has, because, well what else can I do? But if others are noticing it must be horiffic? I want to be able to feel good tucking my shirt in again. Hopefully with this site and reading others comments and motivation will get my going again.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    YES there is hope! In fact tonight BIGGEST LOSER IS ON we have a group weigh in on Wednesday mornings, a bunch of us find that if you know you have a weigh in coming, that it is a lot easier to only eat ONE cookie.
    We also have the countdowns weigh ins, IE right now it is the COUNT DOWN TO VALENTINES DAY weigh in.
    Join us in one of those!
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome aboard! We are glad you are here.
    --Diann...
  • Erica92627
    Options
    Maybe I'll shoot for the Val. Day. I don't think I can set a goal weight for Valentines day, but I can keep myself motivated and be happy with what weight I do loose. The weigh-in;s sound interesting and a good motivation to get going. Is there anything I need to do to get going? Or just do it?
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    YES there is hope! In fact tonight BIGGEST LOSER IS ON we have a group weigh in on Wednesday mornings, a bunch of us find that if you know you have a weigh in coming, that it is a lot easier to only eat ONE cookie.
    We also have the countdowns weigh ins, IE right now it is the COUNT DOWN TO VALENTINES DAY weigh in.
    Join us in one of those!
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome aboard! We are glad you are here.
    --Diann...
    Hello...Do you weigh ins every Wednesday? I would LOVE to start with you guys!!! I know something like that would help!! I haven't lost a single pound in 3 weeks.......feeling a little low! Cara
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    Lots of good wishes to you! If you are doing this more as a way of life and a way to get and stay healthy and you really do want it, in the long run, you will succeed. Stick with the baby steps. It can get really intimidating to look at the big picture all the time. I lost 13 lbs over my last "boot camp" that I did with my personal trainer. That's done, so now I'm focusing on the 10 I want to lose over this boot camp. I still have about 20-25 lbs to go, but I just need to focus on the 10 for now. I have small goals so I feel like I'm still moving forward. I gained a couple lbs over the holiday between these boot camp sessions, but if I focus on that, I'll lose control again. Gotta just keep moving.

Good luck!!!! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    We do the Biggest Loser weigh-ins every Wednesday after watching Biggest Loser the night before!! Join in and look for the posts tomorrow!:happy:
  • serenity1272
    Options
    Welcome to the site...your right we are all trying to get to the same place..healthy happy people!!! Not to say that we are unhappy people, but if your healthy you get happier! :)

Nopogal...where are you doing boot camps at? I have done 2 so far here in Oregon and am on week 3 of the current one...would be interested to know. They work, so far this is the only thing that has worked for me.

Take care everybody,
    Julie
  • Erica92627
    Options
    We do the Biggest Loser weigh-ins every Wednesday after watching Biggest Loser the night before!! Join in and look for the posts tomorrow!:happy:

How do we join in?
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Count me in....where do I sign?

dd
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You are not alone. I was at a comfortable weight too (it took me a while to get there) and I loved my body...well...I was quite content and then I went from eating totally healthy to just eating everything else. My lifestyle changed and well what do you know, 1 year later, 50 lbs gained.

We will all reach our goals together...one day at a time.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    Welcome. You are not alone. I was at a comfortable weight too (it took me a while to get there) and I loved my body...well...I was quite content and then I went from eating totally healthy to just eating everything else. My lifestyle changed and well what do you know, 1 year later, 50 lbs gained.

We will all reach our goals together...one day at a time.

It took a year too, to get where I am. I did not see it right away though. It snuck up slowly but so slow as to where I did not notice until about a month ago.

It is a bit depressing.