failed miserably today...

Options
So the reason that I have always hated counting calories is because of days like today... in the 3 weeks that I have been logging my calories here I was doing really good and hitting my calorie goals almost everyday. Today I went WAY over my limit and I can't seem to find the energy to work out now. I feel really guilty... Does everyone have these days? What do you do to get back on track?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Go to bed and remember that tomorrow is another day!

Three weeks is awesome. A lot of people build in a "free" meal or day every week.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Yup!!! Had oneof those days yesterday. It was my rest day and I was famished all day. I didn't even bother logging everything I ate. I got up this morning and started fresh. It's a new day and I just reset. i remember why I chose this healthy lifestyle, take a look at my goals and I'm good to go!

Chin up! You can get back to it!!! Good luck!
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The great 21 days outweighs the lousy 1 day. I try to remind myself that I'm here to be "healthy" not to be "perfect" :)
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!! I am having that day today too! I have 30 calories left and I havent had supper yet ! UGH!! I can't see myself hopping on the treadmill either as my 3 yr old is underfoot so I am having WATER for supper but I know I will break around 8pm.
    Don't worry, we all have these days, it just important to just pick up and start again tomorrow : )
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    my day today was less than spectacular, I wasn't terribly over, but didn't make great choices because we were out of decent foods for me to pack for lunch and my husband wanted dinner out tonight instead of the healthy chicken dish I was going to make...BUT I am going to make that tomorrow and already have a plan for breakfast and lunch tomorrow too!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!! I am having that day today too! I have 30 calories left and I havent had supper yet ! UGH!! I can't see myself hopping on the treadmill either as my 3 yr old is underfoot so I am having WATER for supper but I know I will break around 8pm.
    Don't worry, we all have these days, it just important to just pick up and start again tomorrow : )

oh, please have something healthy now instead of bingeing later!!
  • Clovergirl17
    Options
    I had a day like that on my birthday. I went a whopping 713 calories over my limit, and I didn't work out one bit. I felt guilty about that for three days!!! But what got me through was getting up the next day and starting over, trying my hardest to stay at or under my limit. And you know, after a few days of getting it right, I realized that we all fall down and that's ok. The point is to make sure you get back up :) Best of luck!
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. No one is perfect and we all have days we need to relax. Tomorrow is a new day. Today won't kill you. It is only a bump in the road that is all. I just keep on trucking and never give up.
  • tonistokes529
    Options
    I cheat often on the weekends. It's okay! Try to get motivated and don't worry if you can't. You will get there. Believe me I am one of the laziest people.
  • NoPyForYou
    NoPyForYou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So the reason that I have always hated counting calories is because of days like today... in the 3 weeks that I have been logging my calories here I was doing really good and hitting my calorie goals almost everyday. Today I went WAY over my limit and I can't seem to find the energy to work out now. I feel really guilty... Does everyone have these days? What do you do to get back on track?

I had one of these days this week. It can be discouraging. I went to bed, knowing that tomorrow morning, my calories would be reset and it would be a new day. We're all going to slip up every once in a while. That in no way negates all the good work you've done in the last three weeks. Let go of the guilt, it won't help you. Just start over tomorrow! :) It's a new day.
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    As I write this I am sitting here with a belly full of pizza and feeling miserably full...ugh. Don't sweat it, tomorrow is a new day!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above...don't beat yourself up over one bad day...HOWEVER.....I still think you should do something to move a bit...even just take a nice brisk walk. You will feel SOOOOOO much better after!!!!!!
  • Nikki_856
    Nikki_856 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I seriously cried and then laughed reading all yours posts... I really needed that.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I am finding a lot have failed this week - myself included! I had my 1200 cals by dinner time and then scoffed 5-6 chocolate hobnobs, 4 bags of crisps, 1 full 180g bag of jellies and I dont even know what else! If I could see it, I ate it!!! And I was studying so didn't even leave my sofa all day! But I dont feel bad. I am so aware of what I eat and exercise at all other times if I have a little crash - i crash and get over it! I am not hurting anyone, I know why I done it and i'll go for a run today and make myself feel better.

Try not to punish yourself because you ate badly, but be aware to how your body feels after (I felt sick as a dog!) and keep hold of that feeling for next time.

Good luck
  • Mickers36
    Options

oh, please have something healthy now instead of bingeing later!!
    [/quote
    Lol don't worry I'm sure I've got something fabulous around here lol
  • Mickers36
    Options
    LOL I can't quote right ! Ha ha laugh at the newbie
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Even going "over" by a lot is probably still at or close to what your maintenance calories would be. So what's the real damage? Delaying your progress by one day? That's no biggie. :smile:

Plus, sometimes a calorie splurge is just what our bodies need every once in a while. I like to think that my body wants food. Lots of it, and junk, in particular. If it doesn't get what it wants, it holds on to every last molecule of fat, thinking it'll never ever get what it wants again. It thinks, "Why do you HATE ME?! Broccoli? Really? What the hell?!" Then I have some cookies or cake or pizza, and it thinks, "Oh, you do still love me! You do still care!" and that's when it releases the pounds.
  • NoPyForYou
    NoPyForYou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am finding a lot have failed this week - myself included! I had my 1200 cals by dinner time and then scoffed 5-6 chocolate hobnobs, 4 bags of crisps, 1 full 180g bag of jellies and I dont even know what else! If I could see it, I ate it!!! And I was studying so didn't even leave my sofa all day! But I dont feel bad. I am so aware of what I eat and exercise at all other times if I have a little crash - i crash and get over it! I am not hurting anyone, I know why I done it and i'll go for a run today and make myself feel better.

Try not to punish yourself because you ate badly, but be aware to how your body feels after (I felt sick as a dog!) and keep hold of that feeling for next time.

Good luck

hehe I did this too. I was laid up from a small back injury and catching some kind of bug, apparently feeling very sorry for myself. Sweet hubby brought me home a fast food dinner (which I ate every bite of) then I made the mistake of watching cupcake wars. Went straight into the kitchen, made the batter and ate 1 cupcake worth of batter and 1 cooked cupcake! It really didn't make me feel any better! Lesson learned! LOL