In a funk

Options
I am kinda in a funk! Ever since I came back from Haiti it has been really hard to get back into eating healthy again. I have been exercising still but its a little pointless since my eating has been horrible! How do u get out of the mindset of feeling down and back on track?

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    step on the scale and dislike, hate, wanna puke at the number??? :)
  • NowGoWorkout
    Options
    Remembering the fact that motivation follows action, not the other way around is paramount. Nobody can watch yoru diet, it's up to you. Figure out why you ate clean originally...the deep reasons. Remember the less bloated, more vibrant, flatter bellied feeling you had? Do you want that back, or do you like the sluggish, blah, puffed up feeling from eating 'dirty'? Eat better for a day...you'll remember how it feels to not be overloaded. From that, you'll be able to build on the success. Don't worry if you 'want' to do it, I want to eat pizza and donuts...but that doesn't cut it. Go deeper than the quick fix feel good of the calories sliding down your throat. Throttle back the immediate gratification for being hot this summer...

Now go workout.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    it's super hard sometimes. for me, i screwed up one time a month ago or so and haven't been on track since. it really sucks. i will have one or two good days and then go straight back to binging which is awful because I worked so hard not to be this way anymore.

Anyway, I've started to google pictures of fashion I want to wear when I reach my goal weight and through the use of magazines, make collages of things I want this year. ex: pictures of healthy food items to express my desire to eat those things. another one with words and pictures having to do with exercise since I want to have a regular exercise regime.

find something that inspires you to get back into e mind frame of what you want to do with your life
  • Lssanchez
    Lssanchez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the horse. We gona slip once in a while.
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Stop and take a breath. Check your reasons for wanting to eat healthy/lose weight and just focus on the next meal and make it healthy and caloric appropriate. Then focus on the meal after that, one thing at a time. Before you know it you'll have eaten healthy for a few days and your confidence and momentum will return. Good luck!
  • rachieladines
    Options
    Thanks for the advice that really helped!
  • rachieladines
    Options
    thanks i will lol