Need a little motivation. Any female 5'6" and 160?

Options
My goal is to be 160lb, and I'm 5' 6", but I really want to know what that looks like. It would be a HUGE motivator to see. I was just wondering if anyone was 160 and 5'6" that was willing to share a picture...
also, i know all bodies are different, but if you are that, does that make you a size 10.
Because I would also like to be a size 10, but I'm wonder if those two are even the same.

Replies

• CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 198 - and a size 14/16 depending on the brand. 16 with no muffin top in most brands. My goal is 130 though, per my Cardiologist, so I'm wondering if thats too small?
  • redrustdobe
    Options
    I'm 5'6" CW 160, GW 137. I wear size 12/14 but carry most of my weight in my hips.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Bump - I'm 5'6" and my goal is 150-ish.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
  • srahill3
    srahill3 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm sorry I don't have a pic but I can tell you that I'm 5'5" and just weighed in at 159.... I'm in a size 10 in women's and 11-12 juniors
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I'm 5'6" - 157 pounds. I wear a size 12 or 14. At 146 pounds I an a perfect size 10.
  • Yahme
    Yahme Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm 5'6" and currently 140, I fit into a misses 4 loosely or a 2 ...depending on the cut. When I was 160 I was wearing 8's. It does depend where you carry your weight. I am pretty porportionate. Hope that helps... Sorry, I don't have pics either.:smile:
  • JMuzzy
    JMuzzy Posts: 63
    Options
    im 5'7 1/2 and at 160 i was in a size 8 but they were pretty tight! now i am at 150 and they fit perfect. :) good luck!

jennie :flowerforyou:
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started this at 160, size 10. I am going to try to attach a pic, hope it works?

Ok, I can't figure out how to post a pic. Sorry :(.
  • shawtsy
    shawtsy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'6 and 165 right now. I am pretty much a solid 12 (sometimes a 14). My goal is 150. I am finally working at losing all the baby weight and weight that I had put on during the stressful year that I have had with my LO. Anyways, the 150 puts me at an 8/10 depending on the brand. 160 would be a 10/12 for me. It really depends on the brand of clothes and the type of body you have. At 150, the narrowest part of my waist is about 27.5-28 in. belly button is about 29-30 inches. Honestly, I can't remember my hips (39 or 40?).

I am a true hourglass, with no muffin top, unless I somehow mange to wear something too tight all over. My thighs are on the larger side. They were my largest area even at my smallest which was 140...that was 6 for me. That was way way way too much work to get to. I almost had to be a borderline obsessive exerciser and dieter. I build muscle easily and have a "larger" frame. I wear a size 10 sneaker and larger hands for a girl.

Hope this helps.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 158. If you look at the pictures in my profile the pictures in the long sleeve blue shirt were taken at 160. Currently a size 8.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! That helps a lot! I'm going to Jamaica in 25 weeks and have about 65lb to lose. So if I can manage to lose about 2.5lb a week I'll hit my goal weight of 160. I'm really hoping to be in a bikini. Hope 160 looks good in a bikini!

It'd look better than 224lb in a bikini =P (And no, I don't wear a bikini now haha)
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and this was me at 162 pounds. I am 151 now. I was a size 10 in this picture and am the person on the left. I have pics of me from 195-151 so if you want anymore just ask :)

5384894751_5f9092644f.jpg
    skinny pic by nolte.sara, on Flickr
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and currently 153lbs but I started MFP at 170lbs. You can check my profile to see my progress pictures. I have my weight written on them. When I'm 160lbs, I wear 10/12. So you're definitely in the ballpark.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and in my "before" photos I am 165. In the most recent ones I am 153. My goal is 140. You can see them on my profile.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and 163 lbs. I wear about a size 10, yes. I'm planning on loosing another 40lbs though... Here is a picture of me right now! (I've been taking ab pictures every day as I do the 30 day shred, so I can do a time lapse) Note, My boobs are DD+, and my butt is pretty proportionate, so I tend to carry my weight in a VERY hour glass way... YMMV

edit: the whole embedding thing is being annoying. Here's a link https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pLvegfOE2h6u8LJNV7637Ul_UFT4AjN4yqjQVc6xdI8?feat=directlink
  • melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am right about where you are! :) I just started, and my goal weight is about 145. I am really happy I found MFP, it is really easy for me to follow. Before this I always had done WW. But, this is free and easy to use. Like I said, I just started (a week ago), and I have found it obviously requires discipline, but seeing the results really keeps me going! :))
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 160lb, and I'm 5' 6", but I really want to know what that looks like. It would be a HUGE motivator to see. I was just wondering if anyone was 160 and 5'6" that was willing to share a picture...
    also, i know all bodies are different, but if you are that, does that make you a size 10.
    Because I would also like to be a size 10, but I'm wonder if those two are even the same.

I'm 5'7" and I was a 10 at about 155-160, yes. I don't carry much excess weight in my lower body though.
  • sherry2626
    sherry2626 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My signature pics is when i started this journey up to New Years..I started at 198 lowest at 151. I am 5'5". I was in a size 18.. Brands of jeans seem to run smaller an larger...but I am most comfy in my ae jeans size 10. Good luck on your Journey!