Need protein ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• tamarab3
    tamarab3 Posts: 64
    Options
    I like to eat the babybel light cheese. Also if you like shrimp they have a lot of protein and very few calories.
  • MrsDowns22
    Options
    I'm a huge advocate of greek yogurt, lowfat cheeses, milk, fish etc
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Too often people are looking for quick fixes, easy way out, looking for those shiny packages in the store that says 100 calorie on it or something. For protein, the best thing is to spend time in the kitchen making your own extra lean protein choices such as turkey, fish or chicken. Then measure it out on a food scale, and put in lunch ziploc bags 2 or 4 ounce portions and store in fridge. Grab them just like you would a fancy shiny 100-calorie pack. Enjoy!
  • peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    CLASSIC HUMMUS
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Everyone has already provided great protein ideas. But...are you getting at least 25g of fiber every day? This will help you feel full for a longer period of time. I recommend adding fiber to your food diary if you're not already tracking it and customize your diet settings to 25g.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've found a pretty good combo that works for me when I need some extra protein.

Greek yogurt, and a cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal (the fiber, twigs and puffs variety) mixed together. I prefer the flavored Greek yogurts, but they are still high in protein. The Kashi cereal has 13g of protein in a cup. Put them together, and you have 26g of protein. That will also add up the calories, but that is actually a plus for me since I need more calories in maintenance mode.
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've found a pretty good combo that works for me when I need some extra protein.

Greek yogurt, and a cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal (the fiber, twigs and puffs variety) mixed together. I prefer the flavored Greek yogurts, but they are still high in protein. The Kashi cereal has 13g of protein in a cup. Put them together, and you have 26g of protein. That will also add up the calories, but that is actually a plus for me since I need more calories in maintenance mode.

That is a great idea I'm going to try it