Anybody tried using Alli?

Options
Has anybody tried using Alli? I was watching a commercial today, decided to google it, thinking about trying it. Any thoughts? Pat experience? Success?...

Replies

• healinghands111
    healinghands111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The ONLY good thing about Alli is that its REFUNDABLE. Dont waste your money =(

Kristen
  • Mistykelly
    Mistykelly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    After spending $$$ on every pill that comes out and is suppose to work Miracles on your body, I have figured out there is not such a thing. It sucks, cause it would be so nice if there was 1 that worked, but lets face it working out and cutting calories is really the only thing that works. If you try it Good luck! Let us know if it works for you! I know things do work for me that do not work for others and Vice Versa!
  • reneamcfeeters
    Options
    I tried it, but didn't have any success. Perhaps, it was due to me not being a high fat consumption kind-of person. I don't have a problem staying away from the high fat foods. My problem is carbs. I think if fat consumption is your problem, it might work.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried using Alli? I was watching a commercial today, decided to google it, thinking about trying it. Any thoughts? Pat experience? Success?...

I have heard from several people that it actually makes you lose control of your bowels due to loose stool. Yuck and totally not worth it for me.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    tried it failed ---didnt lose a pound ......yea i "pooped" but it wasnt horrible or messy eventually i was so pooped out i actually got clogged ( GROSS ) NEVER AGAIN
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I used it for a while a couple of years ago and discovered that it was pointless because I was eating really well at that point and wasn't eating much fat to begin with. As such, it didn't really have a job to do, so to speak, and was thus ineffective. I had been hoping it would speed up my weight loss a bit, but it had zero effect. It wasn't cheap, either!
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My future MIL tried it for a while, but she had a couple accidents :embarassed: and stopped. She lost a little bit of weight ( I think it was under ten lbs) but decided she didn't want the hassle.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago someone posted a rather humorous (and raunchy) take on the use of Alli. Although definitely on the "anti" side, it did state the issues with the product. I'll see if I can find the link...
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Here is the link. If bleeped out profanity is bothersome to you, maybe don't read it, but otherwise, it's a good laugh with good info in it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/214732-stop-taking-alli-immediatly?hl=alli&page=1#posts-2831450
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options

I havent used it, but a women I used to work for was on it for maybe a month, and had horrible, horrible side effects, and not to sound gross, but anal leakage is one of them, and she had that, so she stopped them ASAP! Good Luck!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The commercial mentions that it metabolizes fat faster or better. The problem with this is that it’s forgetting about calories. If you eat too many calories in a day you'll gain weight, fat content has a much smaller roll in weight gain.

I personally force myself to get enough fat in a day, I've started eating natural pb sandwiches at lunch just to get to 20-25g a day, below my minimum so Alli wouldn’t help me.
  • HannaSavannah
    HannaSavannah Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank everybody, I think I'm going to pass. It's hard not to be drawn in by all the infomercials! Especially late at night when you're dreaming of chocolate!!!!