The Kings Deer Are Still Safe ;p

jamerz3294
jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
Aye yup, the oldest son, and his buddies returned for the annual Man Of the Year Weekend. Much beer, booze and food was consumed. Many stories were told, and a great deal of the problems of the world were solved, usually after much food and alcohol, and in the wee hours. As for actually hunting, well... a few of us saw some, but that was as far as we got, hehehehe....

...having "Deer Camp" at you own house; priceless!

Replies

• jamerz3294
    Aye yup, the oldest son, and his buddies returned for the annual Man Of the Year Weekend. Much beer, booze and food was consumed. Many stories were told, and a great deal of the problems of the world were solved, usually after much food and alcohol, and in the wee hours. As for actually hunting, well... a few of us saw some, but that was as far as we got, hehehehe....

...having "Deer Camp" at you own house; priceless!
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    LOL! You really didn't intend to try to hunt down Bambi and his crew did you? The deer mafia will get you I swear it! :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Sounds like you had a good time!!!:flowerforyou: Seeing one counts!:laugh:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    After all the food and alcohol DID you see them:noway: or was it an optical illusion?????:laugh:
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    I wish more of the men of the year crowd around here would choose to have their getting-back-to-nature-bonding-rituals at their own homes as opposed to out here! I've said it before and I'll say it again ~ although I have no problem with the ones who legitmally hunt for food, it's the overwhelming majority of the idjits that think donning gawd-awful-but-still-looks-ridiculous cammo outfits, arming themselves with firearms that they may or may not be able to use accurately and consuming vast amounts of alcoholic beverages makes them hunters :noway: These are the same idjits that are tromping around here lately (even though it's not legally deer season yet), trespassing on private property, leaving evidence of their presence in the form of all sorts of litter and probably most befuzzling of all too me, cranking their boomblasters up to maximum level, which will pretty much alert any forms of wildlife to their presence and said wildlife, being the quite wise critters they are, will leave the area! {Sorry folks, we had a major infestation of idjits over the weekend and the resulting aggrevation and resulting lack of sleep is hoisting Frithir up on her pulpit :laugh: :wink: }
  • jamerz3294
    frithir, I so totally understand your rant! And I endorse especially the part of mixing alcohol and firearms! We do have one very hard and fast rule at our Deer Camp, the moment you open an alcoholic beverage, you lose your right to use any weapon until morning, period. And we strictly enforce it too! Happily our little Happy Hunting Crew is respectful of people property (we hunt on our own, and no on else) and also a great group of young men (well, ok, now I'm the Patriarch, more or less, so no longer "young").

But ya gotta admit, the lovely cammo fashion statements, that when combines with Blaze Orange really are sporting, lol!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I love to being able to look out my window at home or drive down the road and see the deer out there. I hate it when I can hear the guns shooting from my house. I think they are to close to where I live to hunt out here. I get deer, wild turkeys, among other animals through my yard and I like seeing them. THe only ones that I dont really care for are the skunks they can take them. We also had a raccoon on our porch one night. I sure wasnt going outside then.

Connie
  • jamerz3294
    Well, I have successfully removed an unwanted, and not very bright deer from the burgeoning population in our area. Gardeners from our neighborhood may now rest easy in the knowledge that I have protected the bulbs and perennials in their yards. And boy howdy do I love fresh backstrap for dinner, yum! :drinker: :heart:
This discussion has been closed.