Fit and Fun Sized April 2010

Options

Replies

• cinnamoncandy
    Options
    I love the idea that I'm "fun sized" that is AWESOME!!!!! Never heard someone say that before, but it fits. March was a bad month for me, I ate a lot of very unhealthy food...and drinks...and a lot of chocolate (a LOT of chocolate) but March is over. I don't have a weight goal but I have a fitness goal for April: I want to be able to do a pull up, on my own and not the "girl style" one either. I want to do one full, macho, man style pull up. Wish me luck.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Schatelain - Welcome! You will definitely see some curves when you get to 135. You have done a lot of hard work already getting to where you are now.

Cinnamoncandy - Welcome! I think it is great that you are setting fitness goals. I wish you luck in doing a real pull up.

Barbie - Answering your last post on the old thread. You are probably the only person I know that could get to the hotel room late AND resist the pizza delivery information on the key. I know what you mean. My kids see that key and all they want for dinner is pizza.

I did 30 pelvic lifts this morning to start my day. I did not have time for the full ab routine I use to do, but from now on I am bringing back my old attitude of just doing what ever I can when ever I can fit it in.

My son is suppose to get out of the hospital today. We shall see. I will have to be tougher and more consistent with him than I was before and that is hard as I am a pretty easy going person. I guess that is why they call it "tough love"

Happy Tuesday all,

Jeannie
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello all,

We need to decide if we want to keep this string going next month. If so, maybe a new name might be a good idea. There are a lot of shorties out there and we all seem to think weight loss is harder for us.

I ate before going to a potluck today and I must say, it kept me from pigging out on all the stuff there. It was a strange potluck in that there weren't any desserts. There were a lot of good salads that gave me some great ideas on how to veggie up my salads at home and a great yet strange dish with barley, orzo noodles, feta cheese and diced tomatoes and onions.

Happy Friday all,

Jeannie
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi everybody, its been a while since ive checked in but i am down 10 lbs. since last time. And I started my journey at 150 (145 when i got my scale) and am now at 127.8 Hope everyone is doing well :smile:
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Jam I don't think anyone got the link for the April postings maybe thats why everyone was still posting on March. I know thats why I was. I seen where you said to start posting on April so I went through your profile and looked for where you had posted on an April one. You might want to add the link again. Thanks..:happy:
  • jam0525
    Options
    When I start May's forum I will post the link both places. That should put us all back together again. I also want to come up with a better name. The name was inherited from those before us.........................

Any suggestions?
  • babygurl1
    Options
    I kind of like the name fun sized. I'm gonna have to think on this one.:huh:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I read JAM's post where she said that we should post in April but didn't make any effort to look for it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: so here I am on April 25 just figuring it out.:bigsmile: So one of my goals for April is to pay attention :laugh:

:flowerforyou: I like the title "Fit and Fun Sized" if we want a focus on fitness........I know that when the thread started there was a lot of sharing about workouts and not so much about eating, resisting temptation, health, recipes, or other food related topics. So before we choose a topic we should think about our focus.
    northern California to visit friends and family. I didn't even try to post food and exercise and probably let down my guard a bit on what I ate. Hubby and I met our goal of walking at least 10,000 steps a day which was a huge challenge the two days we drove for over ten hours. Most of our friends wanted to meet to eat and sit and talk. Finally on the last day we were there, my friend who is also on MFP, invited me to her house to go for a long walk with her dogs and then have a sensible dinner of an Isagenix shake, fresh fruit, and herb tea. I was so glad to get home to my life of sensible eating and lots of exercise :bigsmile:

:brokenheart: my weight was up over five pounds when I weighed the morning after our return but after a week of my normal routine, I had lost three of those pounds :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm glad to see so many of us doing well:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    Options
    I'm open to any name. Just trying to get the group more noticed and going again. We seem to up and down in the number of posts and people.

DS is doing OK. He is pushing the limit on not doing homework though. For a kid that wants to go to college he is not the least bit motivated to do any home work or push himself to catch up. I guess he might just need to repeat 10th grade, I am not sure if he understands that this school will really keep him back. Public schools seem to push kids through more. At least they do here in New Mexico. I find it all very hard to believe.

Anyway enough griping.......................

I am motivated to get May started now and put April behind me. I am doing OK with calories in general. Not enough to put weight back on, but I need to really get back on track to actually loose.

Jeannie
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I found you!! I like the Fit and Fun Sized name, but will think about it if you want to change it. It's been rainy and dreary here in Iowa and I've been really b****y. Not quite sure why. I didn't exercise today....didn't want to get out of bed this morning and then after work I have just been sitting around. Here's to a better tomorrow!!
  • babygurl1
    Options
    It is still raining here in Kentucky and Indiana (I live in Indiana but work in Kentucky). The race is Saturday and I am praying that it stops raining by then. It's no fun trying to run in the rain.:grumble: When I say it's still raining I mean it is thunderstorming everyday and we have tons and tons of flooding! People are being evacuated from their homes along the river. It's a little crazy around here!! :noway:

Jam sorry to hear DS isn't taking things seriously hopefully he will wise up soon. Maybe if he finds out from the school that they are going to make him repeat 10th gr he will be a little more inclined to get things going. I'm sure it's hard to watch him go through all that knowing there isn't much you can do.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :brokenheart: :sad: babygurl, I'm sorry to hear about the nasty weather. You've worked so hard for so long preparing for this race, it would be so sad to have run it in bad weather :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

:flowerforyou: I grabbed the dry weather early in the day to take the dogs to the dog park and do a bit of puttering in the yard.....now the skies are getting black
  • christinecol
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'1 and 128 lbs. I have been this weight for the past few years and am so not liking it!!! I have tried so many times to lose the weight and have just as quickly put it back on. A woman I work with suggested this site. Hopefully it helps...
  • babygurl1
    Options
    Welcome Christinecol you have come to the right place for sure!!:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'1 and 128 lbs. I have been this weight for the past few years and am so not liking it!!! I have tried so many times to lose the weight and have just as quickly put it back on. A woman I work with suggested this site. Hopefully it helps...

welcome,
    this is a great place to be to get the help to lose those pesky pounds. I found that when I started keeping track of food and exercise it helped me stay honest....:bigsmile: becoming part of a thread like this one is a great way to make friends and learn some new things about getting and staying healthy.:bigsmile: I hope you'll let us know more about you so we can get to know you better.

:bigsmile: I am retired and married to the love of my life:bigsmile: our family is two standard poodles and two cats. I get a lot of exercise walking my dogs and walking at the off leash dog park while they play :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    Hola my fun sized mfp's! I absolutely love the title of this thread! I am always on the lookout for friends around my height and would love to connect with you guys :)

Brief background, I'm 5'2 and a half, sometimes I say 5'3. I've been using mfp since beginning Feb and have lost almost 10 lbs. It's been a nice and slow process and I'm about to reach my goal. Hope I can use this thread to share my succeses and find support during the last few pounds :)

You all rock!!!
  • babygurl1
    Options
    Welcome Dailyorange glad you have joined us. Congrats on your 10 lbs. I think when you loose it slow you tend to keep it off. I have lost 53 lbs total over a year I guess you could say. I was at my highest weight last April when I ran my first half marathon. I will be running my second one this weekend. Or possibly floating if it doesn't stop raining..lol Right now I'm at 102 lbs...who hoo 2 lbs away from goal.

This thread is a great way to stay motivated and get some great tips. We encourage each other when needed and praise as often as we can. You will love it. So share away with any and all successes! None to small or big. NSV or scale are welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Daybyday – Glad you found us again! It sounds like you have the rainy weather blues. Try a dance video at home. Maybe dancing to some old favorites will cheer you up.

Babyqurl – As a soccer mom I have no idea why running in the rain doesn’t sound like fun to you. Lol I guess I’ve spent too many Saturdays running up and down a soccer field watching the kids play.

Christinecol – welcome! This site has helped all of us here. Like all things, it only works if you use it. MFP is pretty easy to use and the people here are full of support.

Dailyorange – Welcome! You and I are the same height and explain it the same way! Good lucking getting to your goal

All – this week has been interesting to say the least, but DS is home and back in school. I will post the link to May in both March and April forums.

Barbie – Thanks for reminding me what the forum had started out as. I will beef up the intro a little.
    Jeannie
  • babygurl1
    Options
    The race is Tomorrow!!!! No rain predicted just sun sun sun!! I'm so excited and nervous!:noway: :noway: :noway: :frown: :frown: :frown: I know once I get to running things will be fine and I will just rock out:smokin: to my ipod but it's the getting there part that is hard..lol I will see you guys tommorrow!!:bigsmile:
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Yay, fun sized gals!!!! I've been waiting for a group like this :love:

I'm jen and I am here on MFP to hold myself accountable. Since starting alst month, I've lost 9 pounds. I'd like to reduce my bodyfat composition and maintain between 107-112. The scale said 109 this morning but my DH said the scale was broken :grumble: So I'll check again Monday.

Good luck to everyone and congrats on your success so far!! Feel free to add me, I love making new friends!!!