more than 1000cals remaining??

Options
B2BB
B2BB Posts: 222 Member
Jillian Michaels says:
Often we struggle w/losing the last 5-15lbs because our calorie deficit is too HIGH. We misconstrue this as a "plateau", but in actuality our body is at a healthy weight, it's the aesthetic that we're unhappy with not our health. So if your cal deficit is over 1000/day your… body will signal a metabolic slow down as a survival response. No more than 1000cal deficit a day is key for shred mode.

Replies

• shumatet1982
    Options
    You can read similar info in "Burn the fat, feed the muscle". Plateaus can be broken through by raising your cal intake for one, two or three days.
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i usually have a 700-1000 cal deficit. funny because i just read her post on facebook as well. As long as your caloric deficit doesnt leave you exhausted without the proper energy you need to function, you will be ok.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that myself. The closer I am to my goal, the more I have to eat, and restrict my calories less. The more I restrict my calories, the less results I see.
  • MissPiggy0718
    Options
    so,dont eat no more than 1000 cals a day? what?
  • roxannima
    roxannima Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No, they're talking about calorie deficit.

For example, if you need 2500 calories to maintain, don't try to reduce that amount to under 1500 in the hopes that you'll lose weight, because you likely will instead send your body into starvation mode and NOT lose anything.