Maybe a little TMI

Options
I just have a question for the ladies. During my T.O.M is it normal not to see weight loss?? This is my 1st time being on a diet and workout program during this time. Im not gaining but not losing and I havent eaten or worked out any differently.

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    What they say is normal would be to see a gain, so the fact that you're not moving the scale is a plus :)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I usually gain during that time, and then it disappears shortly after. I never weigh myself during that time anymore. Just make sure you stick with your diet and exercise routine and drink plenty of water!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    yep, you have water weight gain during that time. Hence the bloat. I don't weight myself during that time.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It can be, yes, because any water retention will mask the weight loss. If that's the case, you'll probably see a larger than normal drop once the water weight is shed.
  • ladyjammie
    ladyjammie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any weight loss or weight gain when I was on my period. As soon as my period was over, I started losing again.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Just be glad you haven't gained. That is what normally happens due to water retention.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yea, to not gain during my TOM is rare. I almost always pack on water weight cuz I can retain water like nobody's business. I usually try to avoid the scale during.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Not *only* not see weight loss. A lot of women gain up to five pounds. It goes away as quickly as it came (if you're sticking to your program) so don't worry about it too much.

A lot of it comes from trying to avoid "bad" cravings by substituting with diet snacks that are LOADED with sodium. I say eat the square of dark chocolate instead of the half-a-bag of chocolate drizzed rice cakes. You'll feel more satisfied and not as bloated. :-)
  • kaylielavin
    Options
    I don't think there's such a thing as TMI when it comes to things about our bodies - I mean, it happens to everyone lol!

And don't weigh yourself during - it's just water weight and if you're upset/moody during that week well...that's not helping anyone lol
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i usually gain 2 lbs during that time. then is goes away right after (water retention)
  • yvonnewilke
    yvonnewilke Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the replies. Im going to leave that scale alone a few days :smile: