Pretty Pink Promise- for the ladies

Options
I have met a really great bunch of people on MyFitnessPal.com. Each have their own story, goals, and troubles but all support each other through weight loss. Tracking food and exercise is a lot more fun with these people! I love that I do not feel alone. And, although I don’t know any of these people personally, I feel connected to them.

Also through MFP, I have found a number of amazing weight loss blogs. I read through recipes, tips, gripes, and accomplishments and lend support when I can. Dollas & Sense, two law students looking to shed some pounds, have “My Wallet is Fat, Not Me“. Their weight loss goals are to be healthy, “curvy, fit, and fierce”. Ditto, girls!

When it comes to weight loss dedication, “My Pretty Pink Promise” is the cutest thing I’ve seen. And, I just cannot resist anything pink or sparkly! So I have decided to join in the fun! The promise is to paint my nails pink and keep them pink until I have reached my weight loss goals. I told you it was cute!

Dollas writes “Pink is a powerful color, a statement color. Our mission in our weight loss journey is not only to shed some pounds, but to remember that we’re pretty, powerful, priceless women. And we can do this together. Plus, every time I reach out for something I should not be eating, my pretty pink nails will remind me of the promise that I’ve made to myself”.

Full blog with pictures at: http://askinnygirlinside.blog.com/2011/04/22/my-pretty-pink-promise/

Replies

• jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    i LOVE this!!!! i will defintiely be joining and painting my nails pink which will hopefully help me get over my other really bad habit :frown: ...biting my nails!
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    this is pretty cool.. i think i will have to buy some pink polish today...
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My nails are pink right now!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! I'm in, and I won't have a problem with this because pink is my favorite color... :)
  • amarie36
    amarie36 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm so in!!!!
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cute idea, but I don't know if I could do JUST pink... I have so many pretty blues, purples... maybe just keep them nicely painted ;)
  • AJAdkins
    AJAdkins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I'm totally doing this!! :D
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I do pedicures only, but like them in so many colors. I'm always changing each time I go for a pedi. HOWEVER, at end of next month I plan to ask for pink camo design! It's to match my daughter's theme for her birthday party :happy: