Hi everyone, newbie here!!

Options
I just found this website last night and it looks like something I can do. My weight has always been like a roller coaster, up and down. Before, I would go on diets and I would shed pounds the first week and it was so easy. Now, I feel like as much as a try I'm just stuck!! And this just makes me lose the little motivation I had to begin with : (. I am 29 yr old and a mommy to 2 beautiful girls, a soon to be 6y/o and a 7mo old. I feel I am too young to be this hopeless. I know that with a little determination and motivation I can accomplish my goal of going back to the weight I'm supposed to be. One of my problems is that I hate eating breakfast!!! And I know this is something I HAVE to HAVE to change. I know this will be hard since its something I haven't done for years. I usually eat my first meal around 1pm sometimes even at 3pm or 4pm. I know its soooo bad, but I'm just used to it.

I hope change starts today ; ) I am exploring the site and hopefully I can get myself more familiarize w/it soon. I welcome motivation and any advice any of you have for a newbie like me : )

Replies

• blaseyly
    blaseyly Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome!

I love that this site (plus the smart phone app) make everything in what I eat more concrete and easier to track. :D
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site - it's working for me. Try to start the breakfast eating with a protien bar or shake. It will get your furnace burning. And, drink plenty of water. I was just like you and decided it would be better to eat and lose 2lbsa week then 5 or 10 in one week then quit . It took me a long time (I'm in my fifties) Good luck with your journey.
  • aleruval
    aleruval Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks ; ) I just wish I had a smartphone so I can take MFP everywhere, it would be sooo much easier to track my meals.
  • Taralynngranius
    Options
    HI there .. I am new as well.. just trying to get the hang of tracking my food each day.. it is nice to be aware of what i am putting into my mouth!! This is going to be a big big help!
  • dingitsdinner
    Options
    Hi! I'm new today too! My husband has used the mobile app for a year and has had great success. (Though he's trying to do the opposite of me and gain, not lose.) For that same year, I've been watching what I eat and have been working with a trainer. I've lost 60 pounds and still have about 40-60 to go to get to a healthy weight. You and I are the same age, and I just want encourage you that you can do this! It's hard...in fact, that's why I'm here today. I've wrestled with the same 10 lbs for months. My trainer is WORKING me, but the weight isn't moving as easily as it did at first. I'm convinced it's because of what I'm putting (or not putting) in my mouth. I'm here to get a handle on that. Just be encouraged...this is something you can control and make progress with. Wish you the best!
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey, this website is super easy and has a great food database...I also am a huge fan of the app on my iPhone, makes it so easy to enter EVERYTHING that I eat. I joined about a month ago--I have had a healthy diet for years now, but felt myself cheating more and more and wanted to hold myself accountable again.

I can say that I never used to eat breakfast either and about 2 years ago HAD to change it. I started small: with one 1/2 cup of oatmeal a day, then added a little fruit with it and the first month was a huge struggle for me. I will tell you that if you fight through the first couple of weeks it becomes so engrained in you that you wont be able to live without it. At this point at 0730 my stomach starts grumbling at me telling me that I NEED to eat. Then I added a morning snack of greek yogurt and honestly adding those two meals that take all of 3 minutes each to prep and eat has made a world of difference. I have a lot more energy and you kickstart & keep the metabolism going!

Good luck :o)
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!

Good luck, it's a longer journey but there are plenty of people to help you!
  • aleruval
    aleruval Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you all SOOOOO soooo much for your words of encouragement!! I'm already finding it very helpful. I've been trying to eat a cup of yogurt for the last 45min. I still have a little left but I'm determined to make the change and make it a habit to eat breakfast. Maybe that's why I've been having such a hard time losing weight, my metabolism might be too slow : (. Hopefully I can get my hubby into it so we can motivate each other.