weighing in

Options
how much do clothes and shoes weigh? I got a 2 to 3 lbs difference wearing shoes and clothes

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    weigh in butt naked, first thing in the morning after your morning bathroom usage but before heating & drinking, once a week. it's a pretty good way to handle weigh ins.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I agree with Zara.... sometimes I WI randomly throughout the week just cuz I cant handle the wait.... but I only log my Friday WIs.... those are the ones I do in my birthday suit right before my shower!~!~!~!

Good Luck!
  • Walterj
    Walterj Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sometimes easier said than done,lol... but i clothes and shoes are adding 2 to 3 lbs, is it my scale?
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    i mean, clothes and shoes weigh something, you'd have to weigh them to know if they account for 2-3 pounds, but at that point you're buck naked, no? and when you say easier said than done, is this because it's a scale in public? doesn't seem like a good way to consistently check your weight.
  • Walterj
    Options
    no not in public, i guess its not too hard to weight butt neked, I think my scale is super sensitive, t-shirt shorts and gym shoes weigh 2 lbs? i put them on my scale and it does not even register
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I usually wear my underwear and a t-shirt, no bra. That's it. I figure what they weigh is pretty negligible. But I don't wear jeans or heavy shirts or sweatshirts.

If you weigh yourself in public, buy one for your home. You shouldn't be waiting until you go somewhere to weigh yourself anyway. You should do it first thing in the morning. Scales don't cost that much.
  • Walterj
    Options
    so we are looking for the lowest possible weigh in by doing it in the morning and without clothes or shoes, isn't that fooling yourself a little?
  • Bramble1
    Bramble1 Posts: 13
    Options
    so we are looking for the lowest possible weigh in by doing it in the morning and without clothes or shoes, isn't that fooling yourself a little?

How is that fooling yourself - that is how much you truly weigh?!
  • Walterj
    Options
    ok if i weigh in first thing in the morning after bathroom no clothes, I get my best best reading, is this how I shoud weigh in? at the drs office I usually have long pants on wallet, keys, maybe cell phone. I have a cheap health o meter scale but it seems to work ok