SIXERS Spring into Action--Week 6

Options

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    You ladies are doing AWESOME!!! Last week to really push it.

This is the first time in a long time that I have had to eat without having any exercise calories to cushion things due to my foot. It is HARD. Especially since it's the TOM. But Monday and Tuesday I did it. Usually on the third day I mess it up, but I am determined today to keep it where it is supposed to be (fingers crossed).

Have a great workout gals!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Hey ladies, summer is around the corner and pools are opening. Since my foot is bummed, and I'm getting antsy, I decided to look into a swimming program to at least get SOME exercise, but I've been intimidated. But I found this program, which is along the premise of the C25K program, which a gradual buildup. Thought I'd share it with you ladies. Gonna try it out today. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll be doing a total of 28 laps, which seems intimidating, but then so was 5k at first. We'll see...

http://ruthkazez.com/ZeroTo1mile.html
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning.

just got back from the gym, and those gym rat wannabes were there. this time they got on right next to me. kept looking over at my stats. if i could have i would have covered it. here i am jogging at 3.3 and 1.5 incline. she's walking at 2.5 at 0 incline. went a whole 15 mins and was just so tired. what ever. give me a break and they smelled so bad of perfume. smells don't bother me. they did. they must have bathed in it before they went.
    sorry just one of those moods. was a late night. and someone knocked down a hanging plant outside and it had a birds nest and the eggs broke.
    i am not doing #$%t today. i am just watching tv and reading.

later
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Cathy...awe hun...hate "those" girls at the gym! I used to put a towel over the screen mainly so I wouldn't be so focused on it, but would keep them from looking at it also! Good luck. And sorry about the birds nest.

Lorna...swimming sounds like a good plan!! Let us know how it goes!

AFM: Had another great night!! Man...SO happy I've found my motivation and will-power again! My old friends!! :) Did my shred and then ran on the treadmill for 3 miles! YAY!!!! I SO want to hit my mini-goal this week!!!

Plan for today:
    Food--
    B-Oatmeal squares, skim milk, coffee w/sugarfree creamer
    S-Banana, cereal bar
    L-Salad (mixed greens, baby tomatos, cucumber, spritzer dressing), light yogurt
    S-Grapefruit
    D-Fiesta Turkey Pie...YUM!
    S-Vanilla pudding

Exercise--
    JM Shred Day 16-level 3
    Run...maybe ourside if it doesn't rain...but it's so darn cold!

Have a good one gals!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    AFM: Had another great night!! Man...SO happy I've found my motivation and will-power again! My old friends!! :)

Aren't they just best old friends. they don't let you eat the crap and make you sweat. i have missed mine too. they are returning slowly.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    AFM: Had another great night!! Man...SO happy I've found my motivation and will-power again! My old friends!! :)

Aren't they just best old friends. they don't let you eat the crap and make you sweat. i have missed mine too. they are returning slowly.

Haha! YES...I LOVE them!!:love::smooched:
  • mlek
    mlek Posts: 110
    Options
    Morning Ladies! It is hard to keep on track with all these sports events to watch... the Celtics are in the playoffs which means the boys come over and watch the games @ our place... which also means beer and pizza... ugh... and there may be months of this... I need to find a way to keep myself motivated while surrounded with yummy food and beeerrr....

Today is a busy one @ work, but so far I am on track with my goals... I hope to get in some much needed exercise tonight!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Julia (jmiller0906).......................SW 130.0 lbs / GW 118.0 lbs / CW 126.0 lbs / PROGRESS -4.0 lbs
    Cathy(chipper).............................SW 250.4 lbs / GW 240.0 lbs / CW 248.6lbs / PROGRESS-1.8lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)........................SW 159.5 lbs / GW 154.5 lbs / CW 156.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.5 lbs
    Lindsey (LHuffman24)...............SW 148.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 147.2 lbs / PROGRESS -0.8 lbs
    Em (MLEK)...................................SW 171.8 lbs / GW 162.0 lbs / CW 170.6 lbs / PROGRESS -1.2lbs
    Lauren (ren315)..........................SW 209.0 lbs / GW 199.0 lbs / CW 204.0 lbs / PROGRESS -5.0lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ..........SW 134.6 lbs / GW 129.0 lbs / CW???/ PROGRESS0.0.0 lb
    Shanell (Nellienell12)................SW 208.0 lbs / GW 205.0 lbs / CW 205.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3 lbs

Tiff (gonabfit) ................................SW 164.2 lbs / GW 155.0 lbs / CW 163.0 lbs / PROGRESS -1.2 lbs
    Judy (brasslady1)....................... SW 167.6 lbs / GW 160.0 lbs/ CW 168.6 lbs / PROGRESS +1.0 lbs
    Clare (Finnhead).........................SW 155.2 lbs / GW 150.2 lbs / CW 155.2 lbs / **not weighing**
    Lauryn (PhoenixRising)............. SW 170.2 lbs / GW 999.0 lbs / CW165.4/ PROGRESS -4.8 lb
    Datenshi.......................................SW 243.4 lbs / GW 234.0 lbs / CW 234.0 lbs / PROGRESS -9.4 lbs
    Beky (bekylouisex3)....................SW 127.5 lbs / GW 125.0 lbs / CW 124.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.5lbs
    Amy (amypyr)................................SW 159.4 lbs / GW 155.0 lbs / CW 158.1 lbs / PROGRESS -1.3 lbs
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Lost 0.5 lb this week. Not to bad considering that we are going through some changes at home.

Husband got a promotion at work and started Monday. We work at the same factory, he worked in maintance and I work in the shipping office. Well, he has been promoted to night shift shipping supervisor. So, now we don't spend as much time together since I work 7-3:30 and he now works 1-10PM. We used to work the same hours, so got to have dinner together and settle down as a family. It has been like this for over 10 yrs. So for us, this is a big change. My girls really don't like it and really miss seeing their daddy at night.

He has started an exercise regiman and is doing awesome. Me on the other hand tried Zumba for the first time on Monday. It was really fun, and I will do it again next week. Hope to exercise tomorrow, but right now I feel sick. Not very happy considering I'm one of those that doesn't get sick.

Hope everyone that is sick or hurt, feel better soon. And congrats to all those losers on our board.

Night night all!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning my beutiful ladies!!

Shanell...boy, that would be hard! But we all do what we have to do, and things will all work out in the long run. You guys will find something that works for you! And just tell your girls that they can spend some "special" time with daddy on the weekends and then make sure that they do! Good luck! ((hugs))

Em...oh! Pizza is my weakness!! I wish you luck with that! Try and go with thin crust if you can with LOTS of veggies...it's WAY better than the thick cheesy goodness most of us love! :) You'll be fine!

Everyone else...HI! Where are you?

AFM: Another great night! Weather allowed Kadence and I to go for a lovely run outside (just our 2 mile path last night). Did my shred, then watched a movie. Kadence was also in a super happy mood last night so it was a fun night!

Plan today:
    Food--
    B-Cinnamon Burst Cheerios, skim milk, coffee w/sugarfree creamer
    S-Banana, cereal bar
    L-FF Cottage cheese, baby carrots, Honeywheat crackers, light yogurt
    S-2 clementines
    D-Teriyaki chicken stir fry with mixed veggies...YUM!
    S-FF Frozen Yogurt

Exercise--
    JM Shred day 17--Level 3
    Run outside?? **Fingers crossed**

Have a FANTABULOUS day girls!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    Shanells dear sweet husband just killed me. I meet him to walk around our duck pond (in subdivision) 4 times around is one mile. He counted, don't know how many times we went around. i burned 640 calories in 45 mins of walking. he walks fast. a really nice workout. i was just sitting on the computer anyway.
    thanks donny i needed that......:)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Shanells dear sweet husband just killed me. I meet him to walk around our duck pond (in subdivision) 4 times around is one mile. He counted, don't know how many times we went around. i burned 640 calories in 45 mins of walking. he walks fast. a really nice workout. i was just sitting on the computer anyway.
    thanks donny i needed that......:)

Awesome!! Good job!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    what a day yesterday turned out to be. i worked off some serious calories. after the walk came home went straight for the store with son for some supplies and left for his trailer. worked there in the 85+ degree humid heat for hours. came home showered and we fixed a bunch of quickie stuff i keep in the freezer just for days like this. and went to bed at 9:30. i am so tired this morning. i really need to head to the gym, but, my body is telling me no i want to rest today. the weekend is rest day. i will go soon.

have a good day all.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning!

Cathy...working hard! Good job! But do listen to your body!
    Everyone else...HELLO!

AFM: Had yet another good night. Got in a run and my shred. Today it's raining again, so I'm guessing there will be no running. Thinking about doing my Yoga workout after my shred tonight...we shall see...

Plan today:
    Food--
    B-Cinnamon burst Cheerios, skim milk, coffee w/sugarfree creamer
    S-cereal bar
    L-Mixed green salad, cucumber, baby tomatos, spritzer dressing, light yogurt, popcorn
    S-Grapefruit
    D-Leftover Turkey Fiesta Pie
    S-Pudding with cool whip

Exercise--
    JM Shred day 18--level3
    Maybe JM Yoga Meltdown

Oh! And we still need to think about our next challenge...
    Ideas for the name...
    SIXERS Splashing Slimdown
    SIXERS Melting away for summer

Any other suggestions??

Have a great day!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    just got back from the gym. i pushed my body and i was determined not to leave until i hit 1000 calories burned. i did it too. i am taking the weekend off.

kisten i found that if i plan an exercise for the next day, than when something throws it out of whack, i use it as an excuse to not do it. so for me i have to just play it by ear for the day.

off to shower and hope to take the car in for it's oil change. i have DH making the appt since he's off today.

later
  • mlek
    mlek Posts: 110
    Options
    Hey Sixers! I just checked out my BFFs wedding webpage and it said "120 days to go" - yikes only 4 months before I have to fit into this adorable, but tiny bridesmaids dress... ugh...it fits Ok, but looks terrible.... that right there is perfect motivation to get my a** back in gear.

I was so stressed @ work this AM I forgot to eat :noway:
    so I am off to grab somethign healthy and filling for lunch!

My goals for the next week are to LOG, LOG, LOG!!!

Hello all! Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow Cathy! Great burn... Keep it up!

I started logging this morning, but decided not to for the rest of the day. Got to school and had an Easter basket on my desk from the resource room teacher. Been snacking on cookies and candy all day. I'm planning on hitting the gym after school, so it's all good. I just can't remember what all I've eaten...

Tomorrow is another day!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good afternoon girlies!

Lindsey....ah! I LOVE easter goodies!! Trying to keep myself in control this weekend!

Em...let the bridesmaid dress be your motivation! You can do it!!

Cathy...good workout!!

AFM: Happy to report that my size 10 jeans are loose! YAY!! I've never been anything smaller than a size 10 (except when I was in junior high and high school) so pretty exciting to me!! Just wish the baby belly flab would disappear...but from what I hear, the loose skin stays pretty much for good...so I can only do the best I can and I've come to the realization and acceptance, that my belly may never be bikini-ready again. But it's okay. I'll rock the hot one-pieces!! :) ANYways...heading home from work here in a few, picking up Kadence and taking her to go see the Easter Bunny! Should be fun! Then a little shopping, left-overs for dinner, exercise and a movie! YAY! Have a super night gals and if I don't get on over the weekend (I usually don't) have a FABULOUS Easter!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Just a quick hello.
    Lindsey, Yes my ankle is better. Went running for the first time in a week and loved it. Although it kind of surprised me how out of shape I felt in just one week of not exercising. Heart rate was higher than before...the good side being I burned more calories. Stepped on the scale to keep it real yesterday and wasn't as bad as I thought, but could have been better. So gonna do some serious burn this week, while still babying my ankle to finish this challenge stronger than I started it.

Hope you all have a beautiful, fun weekend. Keep active :)
  • jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation. Yikes I don't want to step on the scale!!! Vacation did not go the way I had hoped. The hotel I specifically had my hubby book because of the exercise center, had the treadmills marked as Out of Order the entire week. Hubby is going to write to the manager! Grr... I walked around alot, but I never logged my food and just let myself go. We shall see tomorrow what the damage is. Yikes. Happy Easter!