Hello..I am new to this.

Momofthreegrls
Momofthreegrls Posts: 2
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hi to all of you. I am hoping that for once I will be able to lose enough weight to reach my ultimate goal. I am diabetic, so it kind of poses a challenge anyhow, but I am not letting it get the best of me. I am hoping that this works. :)

Replies

• deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Welcome! This site is a great tool in helping to lose weight!1
  • labpike
    labpike Posts: 1
    Good luck...I was just recently diagosed with type 2 diabetes and it put the scare in me...since Jan I have lost 19lbs and my goal is to lose another 100...you can do it:))
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Welcome mom of three! This site has allowed me to stay (relatively) focused on eating healthy and very focuse on exercising regularly. If you can do some good exercise, it would be so good for your A1C and fantastic for your weight. Check out the message boards and use the search feature, as I'm sure there's probably some great threads about diabetes related issues. Kudos to you for joining up - you're on your way to feeling million times better and setting a great example for the kids! Please feel free to send me a friend request too, and best of luck to you!
  • I joined a few days ago, it can help there are a ton of advice inthe forum section, post you question or problem and get advice from other members who are going through the same thing we are not people who studied things but havent gone through it.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    I forgot to mention...although I'm still falling in the "normal range", my A1C went up from Jan to March, and that was a definite "uh oh" moment for me! Here's to getting healthier:drinker:
  • Thank you to all that have replied. I have been reading the message boards just for the last half hour and have already gained some good insight. I can see now that I am soooo going to enjoy this. I think this is just the motivation to kick me in the butt. Haha.
This discussion has been closed.