NSV! I can do SEVERAL regular pushups!

Options
kuhristeee
kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
So, I have several Jillian Michaels/Biggest Loser DVD's that I've been doing multiple times a week for a few months now. I can definitely see and feel improvements in almost every aspect.

However, I've always done 'girl' pushups. And anyone that owns a JM video knows that pushups are one of her favorite things to make you do. Anyway, today during my workout I instinctively grabbed a couch pillow to put under my knees for pushups (I have a very hard floor) but then decided, hell no pillow! I don't need you anymore! And I busted out A LOT of regular pushups without my arms shaking or anything! (I forgot to count them because I was in shock.)

This is something I thought I just couldn't do until today, when I decided to actually try. Confidence = boosted.

Replies

• wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Options
    Awesome job! Push ups are a great for arms AND abs
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    Nice! I'm still working on that one, lol

Way to go :)
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! You go girl!
    I had the same reaction when I started to be able to do regular pushups. "What? You mean it's physically possible??"
    There's no accomplishment like being able to push your own bodyweight. Way to go! :drinker:
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That's awesome news!
  • Mtarbarnes
    Options
    Wow, what a motivator!! I cant wait to do my first 'real pushups' .
    Thanks and congrats !
    You CAN do anything you put your mind to!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Keep up the great work!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Kristie! You are AWESOME! <3

Pushups are still something I can't do. Girly pushups are still hard for me. I have been trying to do a couple each day, though. Hopefully soon I can make a post like this! Go you!!
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's awesome!!!

This is something I'm working towards. I'm pretty proud that I can now do 10 'girlie' push-ups lol :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!