Making it a habbit?

Options
tcanwin
tcanwin Posts: 4 Member
I have read that it takes 21 days (or a month) to make something a habit and today is my 30th day. :smile:

Last night, my wife (she is on MFP too) and I went to Olive Garden. As you all probably know, they have very delicious (rich) food. We sat down and began to do our normal thing (order what we each wanted and take home the left overs). All of the sudden, we looked at each other and agreed to split a dinner (Chicken Scampi approx. 1050 cals / 2 equals a very sensable 525 calorie meal). We always talked about sharing, but usually thats after we eat (i.e. "yea, we should have split a meal").

I look forward to entering my food and exercise each meal and will continue to do so. I am pleased with my progress so far, although I have hit a few plateaus, I don't let that discourage me. I have lost 11 pounds in one month and can wear pants that I have not worn in awhile...which feels REAL good.

Cheers

Replies

• JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work.:)

I also usually say that I should have split something after i've eaten, and at that point I am STUFFED! It is always a good idea to split items like that because a 1050 meal in itself is ridiculous but 525 is not bad for something really delicious! I haven't really been going out to eat because I always order too much but I have definitely gotten into the habit of eating healthy.

It is my 30th day as well so congratulations to us! I've heard the same thing with the 21 day rule so I feel happy to be consistently working out and tracking my calories. I do know that I am in a different mindset now, working out isn't a chore anymore it is just something I have to do everyday, it is just part of my day. I like that feeling! :)

Good job so far!
  • tcanwin
    tcanwin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You too JatieKo621! Keep up the good work!.

I give myself a reward after I workout. What is it? A long soak in the hot tub to make my muscles and whole body feel good. Talk about relaxing.
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Glad you were able to do that. I just wrote a paper on obesity in America and one thing I mentioned in my paper was the fact that people eat what's put in front of them. It's as if we don't know what a normal portion size is anymore. Btw, I used to work at Olive Garden so I know that the dinner portions are a pretty good size, more then enough to split with your spouse, plus you get bread sticks and a salad. More then enough!! Hope you enjoyed, happy b-day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!