SLIM IN 6 workout program- anyone try it?

Options
Anyone try the SLIM IN 6 workout program? It's by BeachBody, the same company as p90x. Its geared more for woman and weight loss rather than building muscle.

Replies

• Mush_L
    Mush_L Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this too... BUMP
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I love my Slin in 6 videos...whenever I dont have time to go to the gym I try to fit my level 2 video in...less than an hour and I burn about 450-485 cals.....and it can really shape your body...I just have never done it every day for 6 weeks!!!
  • vipetals
    vipetals Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SLIM In 6 is a great workout program. Easy to follow.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i was going to try it but then i decided i better use my 30 day shred and other workout DVDs before buying another haha.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My wife did the 6 week program, but struggled with the nutrition part. She still lost about ten pounds. The workouts made her sweat, which she doesn't like to do for some reason.
  • Bexster88
    Bexster88 Posts: 35
    Options
    I used the slim in 6 dvds my senior year of high school with my mom. They definitely work your muscles and I lost several inches before my prom. The lady is really good at explaining and the choreography isn't too fast paced either. The only down side for me was that the workouts are so long!! I don't always have time to do a 50 plus minute workout everyday. They are really good though if you have knee or other joint problems because they aren't very high impact.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Slim in 6! The workouts are easy to follow, give you a great burn and do not require a lot of space to do. Debbie Siebers is not annoying either (which is important to me in a workout DVD). With something you will almost daily, you'll want an upbeat and motivating instructor. Give it a try....you won't be disappointed.

Edit: Some DVD sets even come with resistance bands.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I've done it. What would you like to know?

In a nutshell, it's cardio plus light resistance, whereas P90X is heavier lifting but still has some cardio. I've done both, and I'd say each has its benefits. Slim in 6 really works your legs and butt, but your upper body gets a bit neglected. P90X works your upper body more, but your legs and butt don't get the attention Slim in 6 gives them.

Slim in 6 is effective, but a bit monotonous (same workout six days a week). Better, in my opinion, is the follow-up to it, called Slim Series. (The recommendation is to do Slim in 6 first, but I don't think that's essential.) Slim Series has six different workouts, and it has a little more emphasis on lifting than Slim in 6.

I like to alternate between Slim Series and P90X, doing each five weeks at a time rather than following the suggested schedules that come with them. I feel like it gives me a more well-rounded program than doing one or the other exclusively.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Debbie Sidbers is not annoying either (which is important to me in a workout DVD).
    Excellent point! :laugh: (Wish I could say the same for Tony Horton.)
  • sadiemay2011
    Options
    I havent tried that but I do like other workouts from beachbody like Hiphop abs and Turbofire which I am still watiting to get.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    PJilly: I haven't tried Slim Series yet. Thanks for recommending :smile:
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    Debbie Sidbers is not annoying either (which is important to me in a workout DVD).
    Excellent point! :laugh: (Wish I could say the same for Tony Horton.)

The most annoying workout DVD I have ever seen is Hip Hop Abs. That Shawn T guy is wack :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: