The New Guy

Options
Hi guys. Just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone get to know me a little better. My name is steely. Im 20 years old. Im around 5'7 and weigh right at 285. I live in a tiny town in west texas, which makes it harder to get up and do something, since in this town their is nothing. I've let myself go and decided just last night it was time to take back the life i should be leading. I came to this site to fid support from people in the same position im in. I really just want to get to the point where Im happy with myself, which is a position i havent been in a really long time. I realize I have a long way to go to meet my goal, but I know that the time is now. I dont bite, so hit me back with ideas and suggetions.
:explode: -steely

Replies

• TheTimeIsNow
    Options
    Hi guys. Just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone get to know me a little better. My name is steely. Im 20 years old. Im around 5'7 and weigh right at 285. I live in a tiny town in west texas, which makes it harder to get up and do something, since in this town their is nothing. I've let myself go and decided just last night it was time to take back the life i should be leading. I came to this site to fid support from people in the same position im in. I really just want to get to the point where Im happy with myself, which is a position i havent been in a really long time. I realize I have a long way to go to meet my goal, but I know that the time is now. I dont bite, so hit me back with ideas and suggetions.
    :explode: -steely
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    Hey Steely,

We're here for you! :flowerforyou: You can do this.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi Steely, and welcome. You've found a great place to start your journey. Congratulations on making the choice to change your life for the better. We're all here for you.
    Cowboy
  • lbychick
    lbychick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome Steely, nice to have you here with us:bigsmile:
  • baylou
    baylou Posts: 52
    Options
    welcome I don't think to many of us will bite but there is alot of surport on this site so just ask what you may we will cheer you on and if needed cry some tears with you too we are all here doing just want your doing eat better drink more water walk run ride just move and way that we can we have to burn cals to get where we want to me but I word for you and myself fat small we have to like ourself and be good to ourselfs
    we will all better ourselfs
    betty
  • Itsindakiss
    Options
    Hello! :bigsmile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome steely. Great name.

I have lived in more than one town like that:bigsmile:
    Enjoy your time here we are glad to have you.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck! We're all in this together :wink:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Welcome.:drinker:
  • Mollers
    Options
    Hi, Steely... you're at the right place. Good luck!
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

You will love the process. You learn so much everyday!

Happy Wednesday,

Connie Lynn
  • EFS1
    EFS1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good Luck! This is a great site to get motivated, keep track of your progress and find advise and pointers. For me, logging food and exercise has been key. I had no idea how much I was taking in and not burning off until I took into account what I was really eating, when and how much. It was an eye opener! :glasses:
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    Options
    :drinker: Come on in and grab a sit....thanks for joinning us. Each journey begins with 1 step and you just took a giant leap. We are here to support you in any way we can. Ask us anything and one of us (or all of us) will have a positive thought or idea to give. Hugs from kckat96
  • kw8man
    kw8man Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!