Maybe you can tell me where its at?

Options
So, i'm pretty much fed up with this. I weigh 162 give or take. and NO ONE believes me. I dont even believe it? I don't look like I do? I was SHOCKED when I saw that! And no one at all will believe it until I get onto a scale and show them. Where is all this weight the scale is showing me??????? If anyone guesses my weight they say I look 130ish...And I compare myself to others that weigh as much as me and we look SO diffrent. So where is it at?

Replies

• ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    What is your height? Maybe your scale is wrong?

I live in Kansas too :) Lawrence specifically.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    So, i'm pretty much fed up with this. I weigh 162 give or take. and NO ONE believes me. I dont even believe it? I don't look like I do? I was SHOCKED when I saw that! And no one at all will believe it until I get onto a scale and show them. Where is all this weight the scale is showing me??????? If anyone guesses my weight they say I look 130ish...And I compare myself to others that weigh as much as me and we look SO diffrent. So where is it at?

Perhaps you're more muscular than you think. While muscle and fat are no different as far as weight goes, muscle is more compact which would make you appear "smaller" than someone with less muscle and the same weight. Food for thought, at least.
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    People carry weight different. When i weighted 186 people didnt believe me and pegged me for about 160. I distribute my weight mostly evenly through my body, plus im 5'7.5
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    My family tends to weigh more than they look like, especially my mother and sisters who are thin & workout all the time. Part of it is muscles, but part of it is heavy bones. Believe it or not, my siblings and I had a really hard time learning to swim when they were little because they sank so much ... heavy bones! Crazy!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have always had this problem.....nothing like going to a Dr's appt, them checking your weight, asking you to step off so they can check the scale because they didn't believe the number they saw......From the time I was 15 it's always been this way. Drives me a bit insane. I have always had an athletic build, so I don't know if that is some of it. I weigh 157 and 5'3" and wear a size 6. No one ever believes me, they always ask me if I'm sure.....well, duh! I'm sure. Most people guess my weight at 120-130. I wish......!
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Options
    Bone Density can actually make a difference. I have had my bone structure tested because of some skeletal disfigurement and I literally am big boned (on top of having some extra baggage). As a result I was told to adjust BMI scales by approximately 10lbs for my build.

On top of that, a lot of what other people said about muscle.
  • MistaChrista11
    Options
    yay KS! But ya i've tried 3 diffrent scales! haha. It just mind boggles me!