Give me your favorite HEALTHY Fast Food(s).

Options
My job involves lots of travel. There are times when fast food is the only options:cry:. Tell me what you like that is good FOR me more than it is good TO me (Healthy) that I need to try. I am always afraid to try new things:ohwell: .

Recently I have fallen in love with Wendy's Pecan Chicken Salad and Chili (400 calories and 14 grams fat) :heart: .

Replies

• LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Cant go wrong with subway. 6 inch ham on wheat with no cheese or condiments 280-290 calories.
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    i love getting a beach club (or any sub really) from jimmy johns in a lettuce wrap (they called it an unwich)

it tastes fabulous and you would be shocked how few cals (beach club unwhich is only around 240)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: subway chicken or turkey on wheat without condiments or cheese
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Cant go wrong with subway. 6 inch ham on wheat with no cheese or condiments 280-290 calories.

i second that too! I love subway. i always go with the chicken breast with some spicy toppings for flavor. costs me about 350 cals
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Chipotle has some decent options. Go with a bowl, light on the rice, skip the cheese, sour cream, & guac.
    handy calculator: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

Another idea is to go to a grocery store instead of fast food joint and cobble something together....
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I wouldn't call it healthy, but as far as fast food goes Taco Bell's Fresco menu is pretty good.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    i love the fresca ranchero chicken tacos from taco bell... kind healthy...
  • redrustdobe
    Options
    Wendy's Pecan Chicken Salad is one of my favs too! Agree w/subway just skip the chips. Taco bell fresco items are alright...
  • kai47
    kai47 Posts: 39
    Options
    edamame!!!
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Also- If you go to Chilli's their Margharita Chicken plate is AWESOME.. IT has about 550 calories and i couldnt eat the whole plate.. It was amazing.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Chic Fil A's Side salad with lite Italian dressing. They have the best side salad of all the fast food chains.
  • daniellejg
    Options
    Subway orchard chicken salad sandwhich on wheat, fantastic! In fact, I think I might have that for dinner tonight :) I always either get the apples or yogurt with it.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's Southwest Grilled Chicken salad. You don't even need the dressing because the chicken is basted in a sweet cilantro lime marinade. It's a little over 300 calories and very filling! I also like the new Fruit and maple oatmeal and fruit and yogurt parfait!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I also travel lots--- logged 140k miles with Delta last year.

Chik Fil A's Grilled chicken salad with no cheese croutons or dressing. Easy and quick.

I know this isn't a fast food restaurant but I just started going to the grocery store for my lunch. It's not as fast bt my options are limitless.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Panara Fuji apple chicken salad
  • kimbobo0420
    Options
    Mc donalds southwest salad, with southwest dressing, no chicken 240 calories. also i like to reward my self with chinese fried rice no chicken or pork 1cup 182 calories
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    It seems almost every kind of fast food is so loaded with sodium. I have found that the Taco time white chicken chili seems to be light in calories & sodium.
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yes, the beach club unwich at Jimmy Johns....amazing!! avcado spread...yum!! The sandwich is on a lettuce wrap. Around 200 calories or less with out mayo. Plus, on the Jimmy Johns website it tells you how much calories is in the sandwich based on what you want on it.
  • clvdandj
    clvdandj Posts: 76
    Options
    Chipotle has some decent options. Go with a bowl, light on the rice, skip the cheese, sour cream, & guac.
    handy calculator: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

Another idea is to go to a grocery store instead of fast food joint and cobble something together....

I hate you! haha. I moved from California and we don't have a Chipotle here. That was my FAVORITE place to eat!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Another 'non-traditional' meal - eat at the local grocery store. If I'm in a rush, my local Publix has TONS of options that are made in the store. Less calories, less sodium, less fat, and VERY delish.