Give me your favorite HEALTHY Fast Food(s).

Options

Replies

• kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it healthy, but as far as fast food goes Taco Bell's Fresco menu is pretty good.

love the fresco chicken taco... its actually not very fattening
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's Southwest Grilled Chicken salad. You don't even need the dressing because the chicken is basted in a sweet cilantro lime marinade. It's a little over 300 calories and very filling! I also like the new Fruit and maple oatmeal and fruit and yogurt parfait!

These items are exactly what I order! I also like Wendys small chili poured over a plain side salad.
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it healthy, but as far as fast food goes Taco Bell's Fresco menu is pretty good.

its only 150 calories (not bad for fast food)
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Run in a grocery store, grab some produce (apples, grapes, oranges, carrots) and some nuts. Take them to the express check out. Run back to your car. You got a fast meal *and* a small workout. :-)
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    SUBWAY for me, turkey with all the salad , or just the veggie deluxe with Hot Sauce,

It's usually my Friday lunch treat at around 300 cals :o)
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I enjoy subway club with honey mustard, about 360 cals
    Taco bueno- steak fajita taco with cheese-209 cals, without 156 cals
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options

its only 150 calories (not bad for fast food)

Not bad at all! Plus it's delicious!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    when in doubt....get sushi!!! it's easy to find the calories on the database, it's good for you, and lots of places are starting to sell sushi like grocery stores and air ports....

if your scared of actual RAW sushi, they have other things like veggie rolls, stuff with cooked fish or chicken, and awesome salads :flowerforyou:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajita pita and a fruit cup from Jack in the Box.
  • NativeAustinite
    Options
    Run in a grocery store, grab some produce (apples, grapes, oranges, carrots) and some nuts. Take them to the express check out. Run back to your car. You got a fast meal *and* a small workout. :-)

This is what I began to try while on the run instead of drive throughs, although, I also found some healthier-ish frozen meals, to nuke, also.

***As far as my own addition: if you have a WHATABURGER where you are, the grilled chicken salad (w/out cheese or bacon, with half a package of dressing) works great for me, and if I've been good otherwise, I indulge in fries or a drink. A small, since everything here is Texas-sized ;)
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell's Chicken Crunchy Tacos..... only 150 Cal per taco. Way better than some of the sandwiches at Subway and a helluva lot better than Mickey D's, BK or the others.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

YAY!! I love it!!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Wendys: Small Chili and Unsweetened Ice Tea
    McDonalds: 2 grilled snacks wraps plain (w/o tortilla) shredded on a small garden side salad. Saves money and calories!
    Subway: Spinach and Lettuce Salad with tons of veggies and chicken breast
    Burger King: Kid's Meal Hamburger with ketchup only, apple fries and water to drink
    Chipotles: Burrito Bowl with salsa, no rice, chicken and veggies
    Taco Bell: Anything from their drive through diet (especially hard taco fresco)
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
  • ksherbak
    ksherbak Posts: 12
    Options
    These items are exactly what I order! I also like Wendys small chili poured over a plain side salad.
    [/quote]

I am SO going to Wendy's tomorrow! I LOVE their taco salad and this is the best alternative I've seen! Thanks!
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Starbucks has fruit, hard boiled egg, cheese and peanut butter to go...
    Wendy's Apple Chicken Pecan Salad, one dressing packet, or none, and hold the cheese
    Extreme Pita Small or reg Thai Chicken Pita, on WW, (regular is 444 cals and is HUGE, no cheese, tons of veggies!!)
    I try and eat whole foods as much as possible on a daily basis... trying to eat as clean as possible. It doesn't work for everyone... Even these healthier options come in higher than

Those are my go to quick pinch eating out options. Or I go to grocery, grap a small veggie tray, or fruit. Honestly lately I tend to take a cooler bag with me, with a couple hard-boiled eggs, veggies, cans of tuna, Wild roots trail mix, and lots of water.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Subway or a Happy Meal (you can substitute fries for apple slices, and you can get an extra treat instead of a toy - further, the portion sizes are perfect for an adult)
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Extreme Pita, and they have lots of lower-calorie items. I had the buffalo chicken wrap and some pita chips, and it was very good and filling (although the sodium was a bit high -- I had been doing SO good today!)

I also frequent Fuddruckers quite a bit. (HUH?) Their Napa Valley Salad is about 450 calories, and is similar to Wendy's pecan salad, but a little bigger. It comes with Garlic Toast, but I ususally exclude this so that the meal is not 650 calories. They also have a veggie burger, and some leaner meats like buffalo which are quite good. If I go for those, I skip the bun. I haven't tried their salmon yet, but it's on my list of things to try.

I used to travel alot with my position, too. It's part of the reason I got here in the first place! :blushing:

Good luck with your adventure!
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Veggie Burrito from Chipotle :)
    Veggie Delite from Subway
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A's grilled chicken and fruit salad. Yum!